04 F-150 Front Strip

Guest cooltint

Yep! Back many yrs ago ...same thing ...the S10 ..took a ckunk of glass out of the damn thing...coincidence ? :thumbdown

unless it's 1 screw (torx or philips ) I won't touch it..I'll cut aroundit or as mentioned above..take I somewhere else so they can break it.

Basically , I talk them into the strips I want to do and out of the ones I don't want to do.

Guest kccartint
Was the glass defective?

After a co-worker broke one on a tauras we asked the glass guy about it and he told us that all the fords that have paint around the mirror mount will do that almost every time. They are weak in that area due to the coating and will always pull a good chunk of glass with them if you pull them like the old style. There are a few tricks to getting them off but you still take a chance of braking it. And then you have the ones that the mirror comes off the ball but the rest of the mount stays on the window. No wonder they are only 16 bucks.

Guest EAglassman
Just tell the customer that if they want it tinted, they have to take it somewhere else to have the mirror removed and then bring it back :DD

[*]250978

Thats exactly what I do! :lol

Guest tintdeese

Any one had trouble with removing the RVM on a 04 F-150?

I did........... The mirror and the bracket came off , but stayed glued to the glass.

What is the trick to taking off this RVM sucessfully?

Luckily the truck had less than 300 miles on it and I told the customer to take it back to the dealership and have it covered under warranty. :dunno

Was the glass def

winshield strips suck! I cut on the outside and quit taking the mirror off after years of frustration,time consuming but alot less risky

Guest Sprinter

one one s-10 I left the ball on there and the guy had the mirror replaced, he was a friend.

the 2nd one I cracked the glass and the guy was nice about it and said that if the crack ran he would just have the insurance replace the windshield.

Archived