Suntek vs Stek films

Car got dropped off at my house yesterday while I was on a flight home from Detroit.  Totally blown away by the final results.  Attached are some of the photos my friend snapped.  He wanted to take more time with it but had to pick up his daughter and was in a rush.  First and foremost a huge thanks to John and Benjamin over at Metropolitan Detail in the Seattle area.  Benjamin is a rockstar in terms of install quality.  The guy is just meticulous.  I'm blown away by the film as well.  Perfect uniformity on every panel.  A little about the car: 2017 Audi Q7 Prestige in Florett Silver with Black Optics, adaptive suspension, driver assistance and a few other features.  The tint is Xpel Prime XR (20% front, 35% rear all the way around to match, 70% windshield). Black Audi rings from AudiBadges.com. While I know everyone has their preference on film, I would encourage you to at least check out Stek.  Obviously I'll be keeping an eye on it but I know being a local company they stand behind their product and workmanship.  

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

IMG_2364.JPG

Edited by PeteDin206

The pictures really don't do it justice.  My wife (who hates cars) text me when she first saw it (I was flying home) and said, "That is f'n sick"...   she has never said that about any car.  Another friend at dinner said the photos (above) don't do it justice.  I tend to agree. 

21 hours ago, Xpel Hangzhou China said:

I never heard about Stek

Xpel Hangzhou China can you please indicate who you are?  We don't show that you are a customer of ours based on our records (if this is incorrect, please contact us).  Please change your username on this newly created account, as we try very hard to instill a mindset in our actual XPEL employee not to comment about competitors.

A couple weeks on and I'm still ecstatic about the film. No issues so far and I've hand washed the car 3 times.   Best part about the STEK film is right after a quick hand wash you can go drive for 5 min and the car is almost dry.  Just a quick wipe down and it is done.  

Meteopolitan Detail did a spectacular job on the install as well.