MY FIRST TIP. About BG CUTTING

Guest BigZ

I am sure some of you pros with decades of experices will be using it or know it. I searched the tips I could'nt find the same one. I came up with tip while I was reading Mdog's tip how to do the old BGwith the Gaskets.

This TIP REALLY SPEED UP THINGS FOR Noobs like my Self.

FOr the Back Glass. dont cut on the bottom matrix or the line. Just Extend half click of Olfa or one click of RED DOT. and Cut on the BOttom BOdder edge. LIke you do on the SIde Glass when you cut the right or left side. Then just Pull the FIlm up. ALso Chooose one of the SIde either right or left on the back glass and CUt it on the bodder edge. THEn line your matrix with your CUt. YOU WILL ALWAYS 99% have a PERFECT CUT, this way you dont need to use the LIGHT ON THE BOTTOM OR ONE OF THE SIDES. IT Saves times A Lot. for me this way I am saving about 10 mins on the back glass. CUz I am the ONly ONE THAT TINT(No HELPER). I THINK THIS TIP IS GREAT FOR THE TINTERS THAT DO BY THEM SELVES NO HELPERs...

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS :shock

Wow I've actually never heard of this before, Where I worked it was just worklamp all around the back glass. Thanks!

no Prob. you will find it that it works with all the cars. ITs just like cuting the sides of a Your Front windows or back windows. This Really Saves TIme. :thumb

Guest metint

Using the molding as a guide for cutting the back glass can also be used on quarter glass... although maybe only one or two edges would work well, it still is a faster way of edging your trim.

Should see the look of wonderment when I show this very technique to wannabes in training class. Heat form first, wet-check, slide film to slightly overlap molding at back glass bottom, trim and slide up to align with the matrix edge... viola! :)

No light needed for the bottom. :)

Good of you to bring this one out Big Z, I have always thought seasoned installers do this. :thumb

Using the molding as a guide for cutting the back glass can also be used on quarter glass... although maybe only one or two edges would work well, it still is a faster way of edging your trim.

Should see the look of wonderment when I show this very technique to wannabes in training class. Heat form first, wet-check, slide film to slightly overlap molding at back glass bottom, trim and slide up to align with the matrix edge... viola! :thumb

No light needed for the bottom. :)

Good of you to bring this one out Big Z, I have always thought seasoned installers do this. :)

well Yesterday I was DOing MUSTANG. and I was running Late for another appointment like 1 hour late. I Did the Same thing on the back glass and Quater. IT works very Good. and saves BUnch of Time. I was done with that car in like 1:30. thats the Fastest I have ever done any car :thumb

I don't do it.......but I will try it :lol6!  You can teach an old dog new tricks (maybe) :lol6

TTC :rock

Trust me Dont over look this cuz of my Experience. This TIP is very SImple.

JUST FOLLOW THE MOLDING OF the BACk GLASS AT THE BOTTOM AND ThE ONE OF THE SIDES(doesnot matter which one.) as your Guide. and then JUST MATCH IT UP WITH THE MATRIX LINE. it will Save minnimum 5mins or more. :rock IT works on all the Cars well 98%. :)

Guest tintgod
I don't do it.......but I will try it :lol6!? You can teach an old dog new tricks (maybe) :lol6

TTC :rock

Trust me Dont over look this cuz of my Experience. This TIP is very SImple.

JUST FOLLOW THE MOLDING OF the BACk GLASS AT THE BOTTOM AND ThE ONE OF THE SIDES(doesnot matter which one.) as your Guide. and then JUST MATCH IT UP WITH THE MATRIX LINE. it will Save minnimum 5mins or more. :rock IT works on all the Cars well 98%. :)

does it take you more then five or more min. to cut out a back window....I just throw a shop light back there and is is done in one to two min...but that is me...if it works for you great...come to think of it...I kinda to the same thing..but I use my middle finger as a guide...I hold it agains the trim..and cun my knife down the and around the glass...this is what works for me....and have it down in about 1 min... :)

..I use a hali shop light....I think is was someone else idea on here..proped on a film box...that way it lights up the whole back window...

kool. BUt wut you do when you are alone and you need to go back in the car to Change the position of your Light. YOu are still wasting time.

Well I am New to the trade, and I know it will help alot of noobs to save time. Specialy the ones that DO mobile and DO it by THem Selves no Helper. :lol6

Archived