Wet Check?

Guest Foogoo

Guest Foogoo

It's one of those things I hear people talk about all the time but never seen it stated anywhere and was never trained to do so where I worked. From reading posts, is it simply wetting the whole thing and seeing what part of the back glass lays down?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wet check is preformed after the film is dry shrunk.

Pull film off glass wet the glass lay film down wrap squeegee in a paper towel, heat and push from center with squeegee.

It's kinda like re-shrinking but this time you are actually pushing the film with the squeegee/towel combo.

It has been explained before.

Guest Braud Spectrum
:) If you're a dry shrinker, when you get finished and aren't certain it's really gonna lay down and want to be absolutely sure that it will once you peel and install on the inside, then you lift it and spray under it and lay it down with a squeegee (or the plough made by Sphear is what I use) to check one last time that' it's nice and conformed to the glass. :thumb It's for us chickens. I'd rather be sure... so I don't have to fuss with it later jumping in and out of the back seat.

wet check is ONly Used Mostly when you Shrink the back glass with Baby powder. WIth Dryer SHeets you dont need to check it. you can just see the FIlm its already layed

Guest thetintshop

those of us who dry shrink, sometimes do a wet check after we're done shrinking. I don't need to, but it's good for people just starting out so they can see where they need to shrink more.

after you've done the shrink, spray water under the film and squeegee it down. if it's properly shrunk, it should look like this--

Guest Foogoo
WIth Dryer SHeets you dont need to check it. you can just see the FIlm its already layed

Ok that makes more sense as I am a dryer sheet shrinking. Thanks! :thumb

Archived