New York Vehicle inspection law

autoart3

I own a tint shop in NYS. I have been in business for 32 years. Our Governor just signed a bill making tint part of the vehicle inspection yearly. If you have less than 70% net VLT, your vehicle will fail inspection! This means we are out of business folks! Please sign the attached petition, and have all your friends and relatives sign it as well....it might get lawmakers to at least consider 40% or 50%, so that we can stay in business. Thanks in advance!!

https://www.change.org/p/new-york-state-senate-make-window-tint-legal-in-new-york-state?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

We went through this in my area back in the early 90's.  They started enforcing the tint law with a vengeance and we were tinting cars one week and stripping and re-tinting them the next week.  It was crazy the amount of money people technically wasted in a two weeks time.  Even worse if they actually got a ticket in process of it all.   :krazy

I was working 14 to 16 hours a day stripping and tinting cars for about two months solid back then,,,, and I was still a green noob at that point.   :lol   It helped me get broken in quick.   :cleanwindows

5 days into the new year, and I can't get over how many people and dealerships calling and coming in for tint removal for a failed inspections already... :bat

Dude I'm in Poughkeepsie and I get so many phone calls about it. I need to set up so they press 1 for information regarding inspection law. I can't get anything done lol. "Is it true?" "How much to remove" 90% of the calls I get.

A little over 2 weeks into the new year, and doing about 50% removals and 50% installs.  This is crazy.   The amount of calls from shops that don't understand the law is crazy.   How can you pass a bill and not explain the law to the inspection shops?!?  :blink

Archived