Yellow Squeegee

How often do you replace your yellow squeegee? I?ve noticed that every time I replace it it glides across the glass and tint a lot easier. Even with that being the case I never seem to replace it until it starts leaving streaks across the glass. Maybe out of laziness. I?m just wondering what other tinters habits are with the yellow squeegee. I might have to change my habit and cut myself a new one more often.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
I have had the same one for about four years now.  We have new ones laying around the shop but they feel thinner than the one I have.  I only use it to clean the glass not to install film.

about every 2 months. maybe once a month in the summer.

pro, so you've noticed the yellow ones aren't as thick as they used to be? I thought it was just me. I don't like them either. why does every time someone has a good thing going, do they up and change it? the new ones suck. I've ordered from a couple different places hoping to get one of the old ones. but no such luck.

Guest metint
Believe it or not, you can run those across some 2000 grit wet sand paper just like a hard card and you're good to go for another 2 weeks

Risk embedded sand particles and scratched film? :DD:barf

Guest TINTINGCOWBOY

I/ve had the same squeger since I started tinting,it has changed from a variety of colors and has worn down ja bit ,thought they lasted forever. :DD

Archived