How hard will it be?

Guest treetop23

Guest treetop23

I done a flat glass job 10 months ago, (350 sq. feet) The customer has decided it's not dark enough (35% on single pain glass)... How hard will it be to remove?

your either going to have to scrape it all off or you might lucky and pull the film off and the glue comes with it or just the glue stays and you have to scrape the glue off. a couple different scenarios could happen.

Depends how much sun hits it.. If it gets baked most of the day.. I'd guess pretty hard. The windows that aren't in the sun *should* be easier. Still not fun. I did a scrape and replace a couple months ago.. it was probably about the same amount as you. Did the scraping in one day with two of us working at it and did the new tint the following day.

RoAcH

Whoa

It was a proper flat glass film right? I mean I gotta assume you didn't put a PS adhesive up there. If you used a proper detack adhesive the film will come right off leaving only glue, which you get 95% off with a angled 4 inch heavy stock removal blade and finish with the double edged 6 inch triumph style blade. If it is still cloudy use 000 or 0000 steel wool to remove the remaining glue causing the cloud from the pores of the glass. If you put PS or a sticky style architectural film use a smaller, 1 inch or slightly larger blade to carve the glue\tint combo off the glass and then never use that type of product again as they are not the best. You will be cussing them anyway so no problem in that department. $2 buck a square would be great for removal and just remember that the kind of film that allows maintainance removal in 15-25 years is the appropriate material.

Luck

PS I personally would not flaunt your style of avatar. I live in Alabama and those boys lost. There are many reasons, but the modern interpretation of the symbology of that flag is not complimentary to you as a competent human being. Let it represent the dead that gave all for their times at times that are also appropriate.

PS adhesive is easier to remove with a 6" triumph blade than a dry adhesive film. If the film installed was a detach film then the adhesive is going to act like a ps during removal. Sweating the film ahead of your removal will make the job much easier.

1" blades are used for automotive I could not imagine using a 1" blade for removal on a 48"X72" unit.

Sorry let me explain sweating the film. Useing a liner from an already peeled piece of film same size or bigger than the window you are stripping. Wet the window with soap solution install liner let sit for 20-30 min while you work your butt off stripping one next to it. Remove liner and in the best case sinereo the film will pratically fall off. Worst case you have to use a little elbow grease and scrape a bit. But I guarantee if you sweat it first it will make your job alot easier.

Guest treetop23
PS I personally would not flaunt your style of avatar. I live in Alabama and those boys lost. There are many reasons, but the modern interpretation of the symbology of that flag is not complimentary to you as a competent human being. Let it represent the dead that gave all for their times at times that are also appropriate.

Flaunt? Modern interpretation? Competent human being?

Thank you so much for your two cents, or is it sents?

Archived