99$ Tint Shops

I have always wondered that, in my case there is this guy that rents out 2 parking spots at a dj warehouse for $1,600. He has one tinter and he pays him $800 a week and the second one works weekends only at %50 commission. This dude charges $65 for full Cars and I overheard him once quoting a Toyota sequoia all around with the sun strip for $90. I can't see how he makes money, he does a average of 5 Cars per weekday and a average of 9 weekends.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always wondered that, in my case there is this guy that rents out 2 parking spots at a dj warehouse for $1,600. He has one tinter and he pays him $800 a week and the second one works weekends only at %50 commission. This dude charges $65 for full Cars and I overheard him once quoting a Toyota sequoia all around with the sun strip for $90. I can't see how he makes money, he does a average of 5 Cars per weekday and a average of 9 weekends.

Drug dealer is my only guess

Guest Metro Films

I personally think those $99 shops are sweatshops. They might make "ok" money but i doubt they treat their employees good. And aslo could you install carbon or cxp for $99? I dont think so. Hopefully all those people getting their cars done a year from now will know better.

Guest Metro Films

That's the plan. One of my plan was to open a kiosk at the mall and people can give us their keys and we can tint it while they shop. Ofcourse there is more detail that goes into it because no one will hand out a car key without some kind of "peace-of-mind"

Haha Stewy you must be white haha if i tried that i would get the cops called on me "officer we got a suspicious mexican trying to scam people out of their keys" haha. Sad but true. You should try it.

See, I think the bigger problem is after someone gets their car tinted, and in a yr its turned to crap - they don't think... Hmm.. I should spend more money and get better tint.  Instead, they thing - wow... tint sucks. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot to have it done.

I could be wrong... I'm just guessing from all the cars I see on the road that have crappy tint. You would think over time that would slowly go away, but it doesn't seem to. 

:dunno

Guest Metro Films

Alrite better than being broke but cheap customers complain

Dang Daniel! Thats like a junkie saying "hey at least it gets you high" haha. Seriously tho. I could see why some tinters do mobile and charge 80 to 99, if your good and dont mind sweating a lot it could be good. I personally dont like that sauna feeling i couldnt do it all day especially as i get older. I dont know how brick and mortars do it.

See, I think the bigger problem is after someone gets their car tinted, and in a yr its turned to crap - they don't think... Hmm.. I should spend more money and get better tint.  Instead, they thing - wow... tint sucks. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot to have it done.

I could be wrong... I'm just guessing from all the cars I see on the road that have crappy tint. You would think over time that would slowly go away, but it doesn't seem to. 

:dunno

Good point, when it fails a lot of them do not look and think, man I shouldn't of been so cheap.  They either blame tint itself thinking it is the norm or installation error of the shop.

I had a guy come in with an old CR-V that was from New York.  The film was purple and bubbling just under 2 years.  Told him the prices (removal & starting at) and he flipped about how high the price was and how in New York he could get it removed and reinstalled for no more than $150.  I was like I am sure you can, that is why you have that cheap bubbled/purple tint on it now.  He got pissed and left.   :lol

That's the plan. One of my plan was to open a kiosk at the mall and people can give us their keys and we can tint it while they shop. Ofcourse there is more detail that goes into it because no one will hand out a car key without some kind of "peace-of-mind"

Haha Stewy you must be white haha if i tried that i would get the cops called on me "officer we got a suspicious mexican trying to scam people out of their keys" haha. Sad but true. You should try it.

:lol I'm filipino. But that racial profiling happens to me too. I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I go to Costco ,the ppl that looks at your receipt and item on cart, always checks every single item on my cart but everyone else just gets to pass without looking at their cart.

I guess it just depends on what you average per week (cars) i guess during your busy season. If you do 5 cars a day at $200 each how much is that per week against $99 per car? Question is if you upgrade that person willing to pay $99 whos there to pay cheap already, how much more are you gonna try and upgrade them? at $99 im assuming not much higher you can get that person to pay :dunno

Archived