99$ Tint Shops

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Metro Films
See, I think the bigger problem is after someone gets their car tinted, and in a yr its turned to crap - they don't think... Hmm.. I should spend more money and get better tint.  Instead, they thing - wow... tint sucks. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot to have it done.

I could be wrong... I'm just guessing from all the cars I see on the road that have crappy tint. You would think over time that would slowly go away, but it doesn't seem to. 

:dunno

Yeah some people think tint is tint. home depot or auto zone its the same thing... its not

11 minutes ago, Metro Films said:

I think the distributors are partly to blame. Johnson told one of my bosses to cut my pay down to 25%. Instead of 30% WTF

Agreed... mostly because those reps have never owned a shop before. There is more to being successful then just numbers. 

:twocents

Guest Metro Films
Well I found out they pay $60 for a 60 inch roll of tint. That's how cheap the quality must be. In sure it doesn't last a full year.

WTF!!! DUDE PLEASE TELL ITS A 25 FOOT ROLL. I would never buy something that cheap.

10 hours ago, Metro Films said:

WTF!!! DUDE PLEASE TELL ITS A 25 FOOT ROLL. I would never buy something that cheap.

Most likely some ebay store out of Florida, i know theres one guy under multiple names that sells that crap

We have those $99 tint shops that pop up here and there . The truth is they don't last long . I think it's a combination of quality work , film, and keeping consistent store hours. We also have 4 or 5 shops that have been around  a long time.. I'm in Panama City fla it's nothing like Atlanta , Birmingham etc. If your a turd tint shop here it takes about 5 minutes for people to figure it out.Good work and reputation are everything  here because of the size of Bay county ( population 130,000 ) give or take 10,000. An example of my pricing  Camry, Altima ,fusion-149.95  F150, silverado 149.95  expedition, sequoia, suburban, 219.95 BMW , Mercedes  2,3,5 series 169.95 I stay away from the higher end models purely because of liability issues .yes I can tint them but it doesn't make sense to me because I stay covered up with every day run of the mill cars. In a nut shell I'm happy tinting a 2009 impala with beach sand and McDonald bags in the floor. Strip and retints start at 249.95 and I do my best to stay away from them. I've paid my dues. I work alone always have . So there you have it if your in a relatively small town , do good work use good material . And make sure your shop is air conditioned it cuts the stress level way down and your nicer.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:49 PM, Metro Films said:

At $60 a roll for 60" that's like 12 cents a square foot

$99 shops have their place just like more expensive shops do-just like every other business

i recently wanted to get my hunting truck tinted painted-good shop wanted $4500 no questions asked.  $1500 at the "$99 paint shop".  i took the cheap price for my beater.

everyone has their place in society-including budget tint shops

We are known as a higher end shop and we never try to compete by price with other shops in our area. We whole heartedly believe that competing on price is a race to the “bottom” and can put you out of business.  Our brand was built based on unwavering customer service, second to none quality of the tint and the tint job, and all this is done through trust and respect with your customer base. This has allowed us to have many repeat customers as well as new customers who have been referred by those previous customers. 

Kon

Archived