BG Shrinking, Tiny Bubbles. Newbie.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryker method is great method. I can not run 2 heat guns in most my accounts.  You have to find what works best for you,  then figure out how to improve your methods.

My method of tinting changes constantly,  I vid myself and others to study later.  over ten years of comparisons, sometimes fun to look back and get a laugh

i've been watching your vids. Doing a BG in under 2 minutes is awesome! How much does that blow torch help with that? Could you do your method with just a heat gun?

great question!!  people hate powder because of the mess.

Back in the day I was pretty good at seaming,  couple decades later,  "defrost line?  what flippin defrost line"  reason for everything right?

IMO  men go blind as we age because woman always know when we lie.  So,  when they ask, and we reply, " honey you look as beautiful as the day I met you, technically  I am not liying if I take my glasses off (as I grab a different pair of glasses to find and correct the the typo i just made)

I buy the small trial/travel size baby powder and you have enough for 2 maybe 4 BG's on your glove.  Your baby powder will go bad before you ever use a small one. And as always,  the question is always "Why"

Baby powder, Talc are used to absorb moisture.  Heat most everyone knows rises.  If you get in your car in winter, the windows fog.  Flush your toilet on a hot day, condensation appears on the outside of the tank.  Air compressors have a drain valve on the bottom.    Heat is attracted to cold.  Air contains moisture (humidity).  compressors have to be drained because the compress the moisture in the air and settles on the bottom.  Your breath, warm and moist collects on your windshield because it is cold and on the toilet because the now cold water in the tank attracts the moist warm air in the room.  Everyone still with me?

You baby powder begins to go bad as soon as you open it absorbing moisture.  If you pull a colder car into a warmer shop, windows fog on the outside and baby powder does not work wet..  turn rear defog on when pulling it in and you will use less or at least let it warm up.  You now will use 1/10 what you do now.  if you still need more on the window, buy new powder.

The BG is the heat shrink to stop the shrinking process.  ten times easier and faster shrinking a hot BG compared to a cold (explains ryker method)  I will burn through a piece of film in under a second with my torch, film off the glass,  takes 4 or 5 if it is on the glass

So is the Ryker Method pocket shrinking? Do you recommend that process? Also I feel I have less control with baby powder. Meaning it's definitely different from dryer sheets or soap. I'm trying everything at the moment to see what gives me better results. It's all personal preference?

The "Ryker Method" is a pocket shrink but you use 2 heat guns at once instead of just one and sealing down the pocket.  The video is in a link on my signature here.  I don't think you will find a smoother shrink with any other technique.  I do shrink the tops on some with the over/under but just lift most.
Ryker method or Righk way rocks! I'm very lucky to have seen it in person many times. Thanks Ryker for coming to Sain Louis so many times and demoing your method for my students :beer

I leave extra on my sides for a four way shrink when possible.

Cheers

Ryker method is great method. I can not run 2 heat guns in most my accounts.  You have to find what works best for you,  then figure out how to improve your methods.

My method of tinting changes constantly,  I vid myself and others to study later.  over ten years of comparisons, sometimes fun to look back and get a laugh

i've been watching your vids. Doing a BG in under 2 minutes is awesome! How much does that blow torch help with that? Could you do your method with just a heat gun?

yes, started with a heat gun, went to propane ts4000 tip. finally ts-8000  wider hotter tip.  Good heat gun hits 1200 degrees,  once you get it moving I ran the heat 1/2inch off the film.   not as fast as torch but a hot BG and knowing your film wont be two far behind

Archived