Went to a shop who's VERY popular, back to back issues... what now

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-01-19 at 5:55 AM, vaauux said:

Long story short, just got a new car. Asked around where to get it tinted. Everyone raved about this particular shop that's been in business for 30+ years. Always has top of the line cars in and out of it. They use ceramic tint and charge $265.

Basically went got my tint, all is well, noticed on the back window some clear dirt particles under tint causing bubbles after 2 - 3 weeks. Went back to shop, showed them the tint, worker comes out and looks at it and starts to explain 'well we use hard water, air conditions, we have a 95%+ perfection rate' blah blah blah. I'm thinking in my head, is that my problem or yours?

Finally convince shop to replace back window tint after I was pretty upset paying $300 bucks basically. They re-do the tint. It's been mind you, only 4 days now. But I took pics of my back window again, and it appears there is STILL dirt under it, unless I'm going crazy. 

Tbh, I went into the city once, paid a guy $100 with no tax and they did a better job than this reputable shop. Am I going nuts or is this type of work uncalled for? I'm just a consumer, I don't know anything about tint application, but I find it odd that a shop in business for so long, with so many return customers, does this type of work.

Sorry for venting. Thanks guys!

16128060_994089739597_1977054169_n.jpg

16128387_994089759557_863769059_n.jpg

16128585_994089769537_829389367_n.jpg

Older window has sand stuck in glass. Just look at your defroster. They look pretty bad too 

Guest Metro Films

Thanks for the reply. The car is brand new. I brought it there the day after purchasing it. Car is immaculate. My issue is, how is this happening back to back? How would a shop allow it to pass? I would assume someone who's in the business so long would be able to see these things PRIOR to finishing the job. First time the dirt partical areas were smaller, this time they appear to be bigger. I just don't understand. 
As far as I know they use Huper Optik.

Hey the shop been there for 30 years not the tinter they probably started last week haha

Guest Metro Films

Thanks for the reply. The car is brand new. I brought it there the day after purchasing it. Car is immaculate. My issue is, how is this happening back to back? How would a shop allow it to pass? I would assume someone who's in the business so long would be able to see these things PRIOR to finishing the job. First time the dirt partical areas were smaller, this time they appear to be bigger. I just don't understand. 

Hey the shop been there for 30 years not the tinter they probably started last week haha

Guest Metro Films

Archived