New shop, too many choices.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol well this is going south :facepalm2

I agree with the others though, I'm not promoting one over the other as far as film. If you decide yeah I want to offer 3m I would go fx cs then possibly crystalline if you have the market for it. If you're just starting out though I know you're looking for that name brand to help you but I think building yours to start with would be better. So if I'm in your shoes I'd go vintage ultra Fxtreme just my opinion. :twocents

Oh and to add to the 3m if you don't think crystalline would be in your cards at that point you could get the Fxtreme to offer as a cheaper ceramic alternative.

Man, you guys are too much...Im gona love this board. Have I and can I tint? yes. Do i want to do it, hands on, on a daily basis? No. I found a gap in the local market and intend to use. Simple as that. My passion lies within the marketing, sales and networking aspects. I have great crew behind me, soi think im good to go.

Funny, i was warned about this board and the level of hate & douchebauchery but i figured it was all hype....think my assumption was wrong....but you guys make me smile and laugh, and thats all thats important sometimes!

I wouldn't say hate & db'ery.... but gotta see it from our view... People here do this for a living - and people come by all the time wanting to learn how to tint so they can do their friends cars.... or just on the weekend for beer money.  This is how a lot of us make a living and provide for our families, and while there is nothing wrong, in general, with someone entering the field, because of the lower entry requirements those who a) can't tint well or b) have no business sense  - they can do more damage to the local market then help.

I'll say this much - if you had (and truth be told, maybe you did and I didnt see it) posted an intro on your background and what you wanted to do - the thread might have gone differently.

But if everyone reading this is under the impression that you couldn't find someone to tint your own car so you decided to open up your own tinting biz.... You gotta admit that sounds nuttier then squirrel poop. :lol2

Like Roach , more politely than I would have , explained. This is a group of PROFESSIONALS who can actually do the job,,, as well as sell it.

You just admitted you have no skill. Other than marketing (woohoo) I need DA's emoji there.

Archived