New shop, too many choices.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forumn prob. has over a thousand years of experience and maybe more. The reason why this forumn is the best site is because nobody sugar coats things. Everyone tells it as it is. Nobody will comment on your post to agree with you. There is no filter and that is why this forumn is the best forumn. I'm on some Facebook groups but you can get kicked out just for talking shit about a film that you had a bad experience with. If you want LIES go somewhere else. But if you want the honest brutal truth. You are on the right forumn.

Very often the shops that come and go are referenced on this forum.  There should be a picture of this guy to use anytime someone wants to reference one of these failed tint ventures.  Ridiculous reason to set up shop, ass backwards business model that he sought a pat on back about.  No 3M fan here, but they'd get a good laugh out of his plan. 

I wouldn't say hate & db'ery.... but gotta see it from our view... People here do this for a living - and people come by all the time wanting to learn how to tint so they can do their friends cars.... or just on the weekend for beer money.  This is how a lot of us make a living and provide for our families, and while there is nothing wrong, in general, with someone entering the field, because of the lower entry requirements those who a) can't tint well or b) have no business sense  - they can do more damage to the local market then help.

I'll say this much - if you had (and truth be told, maybe you did and I didnt see it) posted an intro on your background and what you wanted to do - the thread might have gone differently.

But if everyone reading this is under the impression that you couldn't find someone to tint your own car so you decided to open up your own tinting biz.... You gotta admit that sounds nuttier then squirrel poop. :lol2

Roach.

I might of phrased that the wrong was. Didn't mean searching this one time but accumulative in the 8 years i have lived here. Installers come and go, quality is up and down and when you are able to get quality material the charge makes it ridiculous. Higher than the LA market ridiculous. Wasnt a spur of the moment deal, cause that would be shit ballas crazy. I just found a niche and think i can make it work.

Archived