Yellowing of PPF with white cars?

Is yellowing a problem with any ppf for white cars? Is there going to be a difference between Xpel and Suntek?  I've read that Suntek tends to have less yellowing compared to XPEL. And FWIW, I'm planning on keeping the car for over 5 years and it will be garage kept (but no garage queen).

Thanks in advance!

In the early days of PPF, yes. Films yellowed based on the UV exposure and therefore caused a backlash in our industry on film yellowing in general. Technology got better and the manufacturers learned how to prevent the discoloration from UV rays. It mainly happened to the adhesive side of the product. For most of your current films, they don't yellow. A majority of the time it's discoloration due to the film just being dirty. It's more prevalent on white than any other color which is why it stands out more. But none the less, the film is just usually dirty from poor maintenance. The problem is when the products are pores, they open and close from the exposure of heat and sun which causes the elements like dirt, debris, pollen, chemicals, etc... to soak into the product and therefore get locked in if the surface isn't maintained. I think we as an industry wish the films were self maintaining but they aren't and will always need some type of maintenance. We are seeing more companies add coatings to the top of the film to help with that type of defense and utilize PPF as more of a chip protection to the paint. 

Take a look at the cap on your wax bottles.  Its all yellow and caked.  Hey I have a great idea, lets put this on the film so it won't yellow  .  :facepalm2  Ask your film manufacturer for a product you can sell and marry its use to your warranty.  I give everyone a bottle of this along with care instructions that instruct the customer to use this after every wash to maintain the film AND its warranty. 

20170131_093442.jpg

22 hours ago, Speed said:

Take a look at the cap on your wax bottles.  Its all yellow and caked.  Hey I have a great idea, lets put this on the film so it won't yellow  .  :facepalm2  Ask your film manufacturer for a product you can sell and marry its use to your warranty.  I give everyone a bottle of this along with care instructions that instruct the customer to use this after every wash to maintain the film AND its warranty. 

20170131_093442.jpg

What's in the bottle Speed? WHATS IN THE BOTTLE.(Seven reference)

Ingredients?  100% CMA, been using it for years and my customers love it.  I keep a record of the ones that buy it from me when their initial bottle runs out.  Those people still have nice clean film, the others have voided their warranty due to neglect.  It basically gives any film a slicker coating.  Even improves the new hydro coated films. 

Last year a 3M rep came by bragging how slick the new film was and even he was amazed how much slicker it made his film.  He asked for some which I said no, after all, it was a product I sourced out through much trial and error, not them.  For years I begged film manufacturers for some kind of product like this to no avail.  Tell your reps time to step up and come up with their own stuff.  Wash and wax as normal is not the correct way to care for film.

Edited by Speed

14 hours ago, Speed said:

Ingredients?  100% CMA, been using it for years and my customers love it.  I keep a record of the ones that buy it from me when their initial bottle runs out.  Those people still have nice clean film, the others have voided their warranty due to neglect.  It basically gives any film a slicker coating.  Even improves the new hydro coated films. 

Last year a 3M rep came by bragging how slick the new film was and even he was amazed how much slicker it made his film.  He asked for some which I said no, after all, it was a product I sourced out through much trial and error, not them.  For years I begged film manufacturers for some kind of product like this to no avail.  Tell your reps time to step up and come up with their own stuff.  Wash and wax as normal is not the correct way to care for film.

yes indeed ????