Polyresin Film Application - Factory finish or Aftermarket?? HMMMMMM

If a dealership is using this new tinting application on Brand New - From the Factory - vehicles, that gives the finished look of a "sealed in finish", they are likely trying to up the car value at the MSRP while adding an aftermarket product to a new to market vehicle, right? Help me out here - I may be dead wrong - throw a challenge flag if so - PLEASE...I only want to understand WTF is happening......

Seems like the only way to use the cheap window film and create a scratch resistant finish on the inside would be with a polyresinous film layer finish (epoxy style) that would be nearly invisible at first sight...

I am seeing a pattern of using chemicals that aren't being regulated, as they seem to be sold as "kits", and only the film is on the radar. 

All I know for sure, none of this seems square. I am not sure these multi-level-mainstreaming-oil and gas billionaire companies give a crap about the little people. Some of the chemicals used are NOTHING CLOSE TO A CONCENTRATED DISH SOAP - MAYBE JOY DISH SOAP - in case any of you are unaware, Joy Dish Soap was taken off the market for a while due to the "trade secret" chemicals within the concentrate...

Something isn't right. Someone will get hurt and then maybe these "find a need for the general population that helps us move chemicals" companies that are more concerned with their portfolio, will pay the price. Unfortunately for now, the Company I am referring to will just have to keep creating their own hostile environment between the hard working tinting world and the "we will train anyone because we don't give a shit about you and your health and the financial stability of your family" conflicting sides of morality.....yikes. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really - trying to find out some info without putting too much out there, as I am researching for a person with a toxic overexposure to the chemicals used for this tinting app. From what I have seen on here - many people seem to steer clear of this process after using it a time or 2.

So - can you tell me if a dealership is supposed to tint new cars prior to selling them off the lot to a consumer?

So what evidence do you have to support your claim that this over exposure was DIRECTLY linked to the film or "chemicals" used to apply it. 

You wouldnt believe what what kind of chemicals offgas from the interior finishes of a brand new car. Carpets, vinyl mats, plastic dash components......seems to me it would be next to impossible to determine where the over exposure came from :krazy

30 minutes ago, Libraseekstruth said:

So - can you tell me if a dealership is supposed to tint new cars prior to selling them off the lot to a consumer?

Sure. I pre-load a lot of cars at the dealership I work for. Some dealers pre-load every car...I call that all you can eat!

As far as "chemicals" are you talking about like LUXCARE or Simonize?

No - neither of those. If you can find the chemicals online - then it isn't these. Private label - not up to code with GHS. They are listed as manufacturer though, so best of luck to them with that. Sorry - can't say the chems or the dealership or the system introduced to the dealer....but I am pretty certain that just about any tinting business affected at one point in time or another will eventually have some kind of satisfaction when the monopolized system comes to a halt. I am certain that if you aren't sure, that going back on some forums (that your thoughts have been included in) will give you a pretty good idea. 

Nothing by brand name - I assure you that. 

But - for anyone who may be sick and used to tint, but can't anylonger....you may want to look deeper into what you were using - especially if it wasn't just baby soap or something you purchased. You may need to look into what you were supplied with. 

Well - if you still have your hands and feet as useful items - then likely not...but I am happy for anyone who is succeeding....and honestly hope the best for the normal business owners just trying to live. Bringing in an honest income, living a good - happy and healthy - normal life....that is what we all deserve.

Skipping steps to conquer the $$ world by having the largest portfoloios without checking out your pathway first will land you in tar bed somewhere....it is an underworld market and was due to be exposed sometime. 

47 minutes ago, Tint Eastwood said:

So what evidence do you have to support your claim that this over exposure was DIRECTLY linked to the film or "chemicals" used to apply it. 

You wouldnt believe what what kind of chemicals offgas from the interior finishes of a brand new car. Carpets, vinyl mats, plastic dash components......seems to me it would be next to impossible to determine where the over exposure came from :krazy

I have not heard of many people being exposed to these types of chemicals, straight off the lot or from the factory. Plus, the service in general is new - an the installer was nominated to start the new service "in-house" for the dealer. There was plenty of work with all of these cars prior to tinting...and there was very few tinting sales made after market - as the cars on the lot were the ones being done prior to sale....and a door panel needing to be replaced because of the residue left that seems invisible, but isn't after a couple hours in the sun...plus - how many chemicals can you stare directly at light through - as the bubbles within it seem to retract light away from my sight if I stare through it...

There are not many chemicals that have that capability....and if that uv additive is in a chemical - then what is actually on the film to prevent uv expsore? Why the need to double up the UV protection? 

Evidence has been both chemically and medically. The medical ties are the one saving grace....they are a direct link and that evidence just happened. Finally. 

Archived