Polyresin Film Application - Factory finish or Aftermarket?? HMMMMMM

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand your question/statement. 

You're upset a dealer is using a chemical/process that you can't tell us about? 

What do you want us to say?

One thing I do know can cause problems for tinters is the use of dryer-sheets for shrinking, those have some strong chemicals that eventually made me sick.

:dunno

Where is smarty when you want him.. lol.

libraseekstruth, here is something that may give you some knowledge today (I have found it hard to help and give knowledge to a number of individuals over the years due to the fact you can't help someone that seems to know everything). So, being said, obviously you became a member a few hours ago for a reason, ( prolly drinking?, smoking? Venting or just lonely), sorry my bad if this is not your reasons. You will find a wonderful group of professionals here that are more than willing to help if you bring questions and common sense to the table.

i am gathering you prolly don't like the dealer tint job you got and paid for (welcome to dealer adendums). If that is the case, they will fix the issue if the installer is still around, or have them take it off and take it somewhere else. This may be helpful to you...buy a vehicle without the tint(window film or factory privacy glass), take it to a professional for aftermarket and get the benefits of (uv block and a real warranty, factory privacy glass doesn't come close to to the protection of available film materials), you will save over a grand that way and won't come here to vent or looking for tissues. 

Dont mean to be so blunt (rick may kick me off for this post) but do everyone a favor and please study (as I know lawyers and doctors I play cards with three nights a week, don't know shit about tint) will tell you they love their house and cars with it, but just don't have the patience (some are doctors)...lol, or know how to do it and make it look great. 

Almost done with lunch so I have to get back to work. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration. Feel free to go somewhere else and pleasure yourself and let me know if I can help you with anymore film related issues. You seem to have it covered.

cheers,

Drtint

If just if you are talking about a "factory" type dark window.....

factory deep dip glass found on real sections of vans / SUVs is produced using a process similar to a electrical galvanizing process bath where the darkness is in not on the glass.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to tour a Ford motor company glass factory in Oklahoma. Very expensive equipment that anyone having that type job would be foolish to use illegally due to losing a real well paying job :twocents.

There is a huge possibility I didn't understand the question but my answer is good Information for anyone interested in " how it's made" type stuff :minichuck

cheers

Archived