DUB ir

11 hours ago, SDtinter said:

Sry dude, I have no affiliation with SD tint, and therefore you have no idea who I am and/or which shop(s) I work out of. I didn't join this site to talk trash or bash anyone else...I thought this was a professional and friendly community but clearly I was mistaken.

Wasn't personal. I just know dave in in the neighborhood and tells me it can be tough getting a good price where he is in san diego. Thats about it.Other than that this is a great forum for support and talking faster than we can type at times...obviously. Have a great day

Just installed a sample of DubIR on one of our vehicles that someone is flipping.  Installs easy, coloring is good, and good performance.  We did notice it scratched easily during installation.  We compared it to CTX and Crystalline on the heat lamp which I know is not the best comparison, but quick and easy.  Based on how it felt, it outperformed CTX...not a night/day difference, but was noticeable.  I compared CTX 30 (what is on our display) and DubIR 20.  Crystalline 20 was still a noticeable increase over DubIR 20 based on how it felt.  It still comes back to the pricing, IMO too expensive for a film without a proven track record.  If they still have the sale (buy 3 rolls, get 1 roll free), then it comes out to $40 more than CTX for a 36" roll.  This is more reasonable since it has higher IR, but jumps up to $200 more per roll without the sale.  So if you are looking for an IR film and get the sale price (wouldn't even consider without the sale price), it might be worth it to you as it will be a good upsell.  However, once you take in account no longterm reviews, IMO I wouldn't spend that much even with the sale price...too risky.