A look inside

Some of you guys know my story some don't. This past year we lost a child and pretty much the worst thing imaginable. Well out of it my wife started a blog and imo it's actually pretty good. If you have the time give it a read it's relatively short. We also had a lot of support from people here and I greatly appreciate that. 

https://lifeinsidelookingout.wordpress.com/2017/01/25/finding-the-whatever/

Holy crap jh....I had no idea.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I just read her blog and am wiping away tears as I type this. What you guys have had to endure is heartbreaking to even think about....I can't imagine living though it. Some of us have it so good and fail to appreciate it...the whole "don't know what you got til it's gone" syndrome. This morning I left home very pissed off at my son...tonight I am going to go home and give him the biggest hug....and do the same to my daughter.  I know I can't know your pain, but know you and your family are in my thoughts.

I find myself at a loss for words, I'm typically a fairly stoic person and yet I find myself standing here in tears. I can't begin to imagine the pain of losing a child, let alone two, and the struggles to carry on from that. As woefully inadequate as the words seem as I type them I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I remember when we heard the news for the first time. I sat here and tried to type something that would maybe help you cheer up or smile. I stared at my reply box for about an hour trying to figure out what to say, but I had nothing. It sucked because I knew that if I was feeling that bad it must of been 100 times worse for you and your family. RIP little buddy.

I know I'm a bit late. But I hope you are doing better. I have a close friend and a family member who both lost a child. My friend lights paper balloons every year in remembrance. Maybe something to think about. Hundreds of people take part in this, and it's helped tremendously for them. Small Iowa town of 7k people. I truly am sorry for your loss. I have no children so I can't even start to imagine how this has impacted you.

Archived