suntek
spacer
xpel
suntek
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
TintDude

Dad's Corner

Hey guys, I know there are a lot of fathers on the site and thought it might be cool to have a thread in the off topic section about dad stuff.

Maybe we can pick up some tips from each other and commiserate together. :lol

I'm a first time dad and my little girl will turn 4 in May. Having her totally changed our lives and dominates most of my free time. 

So here it is, please feel free to jump in. :thumb

Funny story behind that, my wife was giving him some natural cough syrup bs. He kept coughing and coughing. She said will you please give him some more? I walk downstairs mix up a Totti and he slept all night. Wake up the next day she said that stuff really works. Um yeah about that :lol

Edited by jh812

I caught my oldest in a lie way back when he was about 6 years old. I told him the usual stuff about why lying is bad and at the end I told him If I caught him lying again I'd wash his mouth out with soap (just like my parents told me by the way)

About an hour later I hear crying behind the closed door in the bathroom.....Sam are you OK.... through the sobbing  a meek yeah  Is heard .

Open the door Sam let me help you with your trouble.... He opens the door and I immediately see bubbles around his mouth...I wait a few seconds .... Did you taste the soap?

yeah

So what do you think.....Is it worth it ...

no

I gave him a hug and asked him to always tell the truth no matter what .

He 20 now ..always obedient  as he grew , never had any disrespect from him . Have heard a few compliments like "what a nice young man" through the years and its been very good.

Edited by WearTheFoxHat