PPF training with the great people from SolarGard

I feel there was more to it than saturation but it has been bothering me that I posted negativity. I try to live my life being positive and feel much better that I decided to edit it out. No need to promote something I hate as much as negativity.

thank you to the admin here for allowing us to express our feelings. The world just doesn't need my help spreading negative feelings. I apologize to my friends and hope we can all be positive. Still feel the same personality but that's my problem and I am continually working to improve myself.

cheers

stan 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@diablo's, correct sir. Nothing is accomplished in life with negatively :twocents

Even when we feel we are treated poorly we must stay positive. I'm looking forward to a new career in ppf. Opening a new shop after the sale of our family tint shop goes through. .. more focused on ppf than tint. Have been looking at some really nice portable setups.  Cost is around 20k for what I want but better than paying 5k a month rent and I can travel to different outlying areas around my area.

Demand is created,  it doesn't just happen! 

2 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

@diablo's, correct sir. Nothing is accomplished in life with negatively :twocents

Even when we feel we are treated poorly we must stay positive. I'm looking forward to a new career in ppf. Opening a new shop after the sale of our family tint shop goes through. .. more focused on ppf than tint. Have been looking at some really nice portable setups.  Cost is around 20k for what I want but better than paying 5k a month rent and I can travel to different outlying areas around my area.

Demand is created,  it doesn't just happen! 

Hi Flat rock Stan.

Interested in what you have found out in the way of portable setups. It's something I have been mulling over for some time now.

Steve

12 minutes ago, minty said:

Hi Flat rock Stan.

Interested in what you have found out in the way of portable setups. It's something I have been mulling over for some time now.

Steve

@minty

Will have to look up the link. They are a inflatable quanzent (spellin wrong) that come in different sizes. Heat and air with more accessories. ..what ever you want.  Generator provides inflation,  just roll out of the van or trailer,  inflate and pull the cars in. Beats rent and being stuck in one location :twocents

Google um as inflatable work areas / buildings.  Let me know if you don't find it :beer

Thinking seriously about the one that holds two cars.

14 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

@minty

Will have to look up the link. They are a inflatable quanzent (spellin wrong) that come in different sizes. Heat and air with more accessories. ..what ever you want.  Generator provides inflation,  just roll out of the van or trailer,  inflate and pull the cars in. Beats rent and being stuck in one location :twocents

Google um as inflatable work areas / buildings.  Let me know if you don't find it :beer

Thinking seriously about the one that holds two cars.

@flat rock stan

Sounds similar to the company I was looking at. http://www.carcoonworkstation.com/

Steve

Just something to consider.  We used a similar inflatable building for installations at Porsche Parade in Indiana.  One of our good customers feared for his life because the wind picked up.  Despite A/C, he said it was like a sauna in there as well.

Probably all things that can be remedied, but it was enough to steer us away from buying one.

I worked the Porsche Parade in Indiana in the Carcoon. It worked for I one time deal, but I definitely wouldn't want to work out of one everyday. 

Going portable is sometimes necessary as a start up, if you want better control of your environment, which can lead to better installs. Brick and mortar location is best. 

12 hours ago, XPEL Jeff said:

Just something to consider.  We used a similar inflatable building for installations at Porsche Parade in Indiana.  One of our good customers feared for his life because the wind picked up.  Despite A/C, he said it was like a sauna in there as well.

Probably all things that can be remedied, but it was enough to steer us away from buying one.

Glad to get some feedback! I have been more worried about putting the unit up wet because of our weather here in Oregon.

I'm just tired of brick and mortar after 40 years but have also been thinking about working with different types of businesses in a 40-50 mile radius of home that have proper work areas and lots of cases no one to preform the service. Stereo shops, glass shops..... Businesses that have the same customer base, then pay them commission on work space and customer refurals. I am lucky to have many really nice small towns in the Columbia River Gorge going east and many nice towns running towards the Pacific Ocean to the west. Dang that still leaves me many opportunities to the north and south :) 

Am selling the family retail shop to employees... Hope they keep payments up!!!

I have owned several businesses over the years and am burned out on large operations where I can't be in control of quality that I want even when using the advice I received years ago from a very wealthy businessmen of ....inspecting what I expect.:twocents 

@XPEL Jeff I would like to publicly apologize for the negative comments I left earlier in this thread and went back and edited. I try very hard to be positive in all aspects of my life. I was just ..... so very disappointed that I wasn't able to attend the Xpel training. I want to train with at least three different centers to make the most of a new career for myself as I enter what most people would consider retirement age :) 

I plan to retire when they carry me out with my head covered! I love working, doing things that in a few hours or days I can get satisfaction knowing I did a great job!

Again truly mean it when I say please accept my apology for the harsh negativity.

cheers

Stan 

Archived