insurance questions ...new shop

I have been in the window tint industry for 10 years and have came along way working for a car audio shop ..I have recently quit working for them and on my new journey of start my own shop in the toledo ohio (us) I am going to start out with a small store front with a bay that can hold up to 4 cars comfortable  (leasing building ) and going to be the only employee to start off ..(will be hiring my nephew with in the next month or so depending on how well bussiness is ) I have picked up 1 dealer so far that is committed to us and also working with another audio shop to do there vinyl wraps ( hoods roofs strips ect) I also have a huge following in the toledo area as I am well known for my work. the question I have is what type of insurence should I start with ? general liability coverage? umbrella? bop?commercial automotive  and do I need to carry workmen comp if it's just me at first...( once I hire my nephew I know I will need it ) these may be dumb questions to some as I know how the tint forms can be on Facebook but this is my first time as a bussiness owner and could use some advice on this topic as well as any advice I can get ...everyone of you started some were and this is my start and hopefully I can get some helpful info. thanks for any and all advice in advance 

2 hours ago, Toledo Tint said:

I have been in the window tint industry for 10 years and have came along way working for a car audio shop ..I have recently quit working for them and on my new journey of start my own shop in the toledo ohio (us) I am going to start out with a small store front with a bay that can hold up to 4 cars comfortable  (leasing building ) and going to be the only employee to start off ..(will be hiring my nephew with in the next month or so depending on how well bussiness is ) I have picked up 1 dealer so far that is committed to us and also working with another audio shop to do there vinyl wraps ( hoods roofs strips ect) I also have a huge following in the toledo area as I am well known for my work. the question I have is what type of insurence should I start with ? general liability coverage? umbrella? bop?commercial automotive  and do I need to carry workmen comp if it's just me at first...( once I hire my nephew I know I will need it ) these may be dumb questions to some as I know how the tint forms can be on Facebook but this is my first time as a bussiness owner and could use some advice on this topic as well as any advice I can get ...everyone of you started some were and this is my start and hopefully I can get some helpful info. thanks for any and all advice in advance 

Go get a consultation with a CPA. You might be in.luck and only pay 100 or 200 for all the taxes and accounting work since you are new. Basically you are starting a new beginning because you know how to do the job yourself. So YOU need to focus on doing that and the accountants can take care of the headache for you. Good luck bud!

Archived