Suntek Carbon XP Color Stability?

Been trying to look around regarding this particular film. Debating it between the 3M Color Stable. Anybody experienced any good things about Suntek CXP? How long does the film last in terms of color stability? Heard about the Carbon turning purple, but not too much about the CXP. Does it compete well as 3M Color Stable? Any input would help, thanks!

Speaking in terms of the more darker tints like 5%.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both films will have a color change warranty along with Suntek CXP also having a fade warranty.  I have heard of CXP also turning purple/fading, but haven't seen it for myself.  CXP typically has a green hue to it while Color Stable has a blue hue making it look "blacker", but at 5% I am not sure if that will be noticeable.  Downside with CXP is more low angle haze and easily scratched.  We used Suntek for 1 year back in 2011/12 and been using 3M for about 6 months or so.  IMO, I would go with 3M Color Stable...it is our favorite film out of all Llumar/3M that we carry.

10 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Both films will have a color change warranty along with Suntek CXP also having a fade warranty.  I have heard of CXP also turning purple/fading, but haven't seen it for myself.  CXP typically has a green hue to it while Color Stable has a blue hue making it look "blacker", but at 5% I am not sure if that will be noticeable.  Downside with CXP is more low angle haze and easily scratched.  We used Suntek for 1 year back in 2011/12 and been using 3M for about 6 months or so.  IMO, I would go with 3M Color Stable...it is our favorite film out of all Llumar/3M that we carry.

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, not much info really floats around regarding the CXP line, but I have seen a lot of complaints with the Carbon series regarding fading and color issues. How scratch resistant would you say the 3MCS is compared to CXP?

Just now, MochiMaki said:

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, not much info really floats around regarding the CXP line, but I have seen a lot of complaints with the Carbon series regarding fading and color issues. How scratch resistant would you say the 3MCS is compared to CXP?

From an installation standpoint, a night/day difference.  When we carried Suntek it would easily scratch during installation which tons of dealers have the same issue...few complaint threads on this forum about it.  That is the reason we switched from them.

5 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

From an installation standpoint, a night/day difference.  When we carried Suntek it would easily scratch during installation which tons of dealers have the same issue...few complaint threads on this forum about it.  That is the reason we switched from them.

You think maybe Suntek has improved their films these recent times? Others who have experience with Suntek CXP please chime in!

6 hours ago, no ma'am said:

My (competition) 1 of them anyway, uses suntek and it seems to come off relatively easy! So there's a plus :dunno  :whisper don't do it man.... get a better film... there's your second opinion!

What do you mean come off easily? Like the adhesive? The color? Or the scratch coat? haha

Archived