Suntek Carbon XP Color Stability?

7 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

You think maybe the Carbon and the CXP uses different scratch coats? Maybe on their CXP line they use a more superior scratch coat? I can't really find any information on the CXP line, but I do find a lot of information on the Carbon regarding scratching. Sorry lol, I am not a tinter, just a customer trying to seek information from the tint pros!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been using Suntek films, including CXP, for some time now without any issues including scratching, fading, or odd hues. We believe in the brand so much, we also use their clear bra product.  In addition, we have not had any complaints from our customers regarding the final product on their vehicle.

Kon

14 hours ago, KonSiva said:

We have been using Suntek films, including CXP, for some time now without any issues including scratching, fading, or odd hues. We believe in the brand so much, we also use their clear bra product.  In addition, we have not had any complaints from our customers regarding the final product on their vehicle.

Kon

Thanks for your reply Kon, it appears that this seems like a debatable topic. Some say its good, some say its not as good. 

2 hours ago, TTS said:

Kon is in a pretty gentle climate...  Pretty much anything will last being that far north... Arizona would be a different game

Have you had any good experiences with Suntek Carbon CXP? In terms of scratching, fading, color change? Currently stuck between 3M CS and CXP, but I heard 3M CS doesn't go as dark as CXP. Thanks!

Scratching issues affect the installer more than the consumer. You can scratch any film with a seatbelt, ring, or keys. They'll all scratch against common things like that. I'm not too familiar with the 3M CS line. But I think it compares most with the Suntek Carbon line-up, in aspects to price, heat rejection, and the way its manufactured. We use Suntek CXP in a harsh environment and it does great with heat rejection and durability. Some minor fading after 4 years isn't bad.

36 minutes ago, tintmeister said:

Scratching issues affect the installer more than the consumer. You can scratch any film with a seatbelt, ring, or keys. They'll all scratch against common things like that. I'm not too familiar with the 3M CS line. But I think it compares most with the Suntek Carbon line-up, in aspects to price, heat rejection, and the way its manufactured. We use Suntek CXP in a harsh environment and it does great with heat rejection and durability. Some minor fading after 4 years isn't bad.

Do you have anyone wanting to warranty it out once fading is noticeable?

I used carbon, and carbon xp films. We switched to solar fx. The scratching was always an issue. Film shouldn't scratch while cleaning it. After replacing window after window because it was so easily scratched we finally switched. I'll never look back now.

Archived