Suntek Carbon XP Color Stability?

15 minutes ago, DaHatta said:

I used carbon, and carbon xp films. We switched to solar fx. The scratching was always an issue. Film shouldn't scratch while cleaning it. After replacing window after window because it was so easily scratched we finally switched. I'll never look back now.

I see, guess I am leaning more to 3M CS now since I heard that they have superior scratch coat and color stability. Seems like that's why Suntek is so cheap compared to others, no?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see, guess I am leaning more to 3M CS now since I heard that they have superior scratch coat and color stability. Seems like that's why Suntek is so cheap compared to others, no?

Not really sure on that. I've never used 3M, so I can't compare the two. I can only say about sun teck. As for color, 8 years (consider that impressive on any film at least from my understanding) until one came in to got color fade and blisters taken care of.

1 hour ago, DaHatta said:

I used carbon, and carbon xp films. We switched to solar fx. The scratching was always an issue. Film shouldn't scratch while cleaning it. After replacing window after window because it was so easily scratched we finally switched. I'll never look back now.

Did the solarFX films had the same scratching problem as Suntek? Heard suntek puts its dye in the scratch coat, not sure about this one.

4 hours ago, MochiMaki said:

Have you had any good experiences with Suntek Carbon CXP? In terms of scratching, fading, color change? Currently stuck between 3M CS and CXP, but I heard 3M CS doesn't go as dark as CXP. Thanks!

We have had Suntek Carbon only last 5 years before going purple in the Pacific Northwest ( which should be a pretty mild climate for film deterioration) so we avoid it at all costs now ( cxp is just carbon with IR absorbing dye we were told)

5 minutes ago, TTS said:

We have had Suntek Carbon only last 5 years before going purple in the Pacific Northwest ( which should be a pretty mild climate for film deterioration) so we avoid it at all costs now ( cxp is just carbon with IR absorbing dye we were told)

Ahhh i see, what does IR mean? Sorry

6 minutes ago, TTS said:

Does that mean that the CXP wont fade as fast as Carbon?

Archived