This is what happens when you fight with low prices

6 hours ago, lilDetails said:

I am seeing the same thing here with all businesses.   Auto mechanics,  detailers, construction, tree trimming,  graphics.  All these people think they are making money because they are getting more in their pocket than they would working for someone.  They don't understand the real cost of running a business.

Then of course the businesses that think they should charge less to get more business and drive the value down don't help either.... I have pushed to be the highee price and I finally made that mark.   I get irritated at people that contact and have already gotten a lower price.   They don't understand that the quality is not the same.  They don't care as they only see the price tag.... thanks Walmart,  always lower quality. ..

Yep, this right here. I got into it yesterday with my boss over this very thing, his words regarding price "don't worry about gross profit, volume fixes everything." Smh, not if you're losing money.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 different types of owners. Sales person, The Laborer, and the Business Man. A Sales Person is a person who opened his own shop to sell. The Laborer is a person who opened his own shop because he is tired of having a boss and just wants to do the work for himself. A Business Man is a person who does a lil bit of EVERYTHING but never gets his hands dirty unless he needs to step in. He delegates all the jobs to other people. I noticed that if you are a Sales Person or A Laborer you usually go for the higher pay with less cars. The Business Man usually does not care how the money is made as long as it is being made. Its not a bad thing to be a Business Man but these people are the reason why "volume solves everything." Just my 2cents. 

6 hours ago, Stewy said:

There are 3 different types of owners. Sales person, The Laborer, and the Business Man.

So in your opinion, which makes the best shop? 

I totally agree with your classifications spot on. :thumb2

1 hour ago, Roach said:

So in your opinion, which makes the best shop? 

I totally agree with your classifications spot on. :thumb2

When it comes to quality. Its the Laborer for sure. The laborers are the once who fine tunes window tinting. We put our heart into getting better everyday, thats why we don't think that we are getting the RIGHT amount. 

I still think it's the laborer. I dont believe that Business Man should be in our industry. But if you are a business man it would be dumb if you don't get into this type of business because there is a huge opportunity in our business. So overall I believe Laborers are the ones who move our business in a better direction. 

IMO I am a mix of all 3.  I came from a retail management background with food management prior to that.  So I run the shop very different from how a normal 12v or tint shop would run since I come from a very structured work environment.  However, I was a 12v installer on the side with a constant interest in that field along with customizing vehicles.  In the end, whatever makes my team the most money for the less amount of work is the win.  You have to have a good balance between money and a happy team.

Archived