Am I being OCD about this?

Got my tint redone and it came out nice....waited almost a week and rolled down my driver side window. After rolling it back up I noticed about a 1 inch very thin scratch in the tint right in my peripheral view. I can feel it when I rub my finger over it. It's only noticeable in sunlight. I tried to grab a pic but it won't even show up on the camera. Maybe I need different lighting. In bright light though it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's funny because if it was on another window I wouldn't care but it's a spot I'm always looking at

Thinking about taking it back. I'll offer to compensate the tinter. I feel bad though because he already spent 5 hours re-doing my tints from another shop who did a really bad job

1 hour ago, Galaxy0922 said:

Got my tint redone and it came out nice....waited almost a week and rolled down my driver side window. After rolling it back up I noticed about a 1 inch very thin scratch in the tint right in my peripheral view. I can feel it when I rub my finger over it. It's only noticeable in sunlight. I tried to grab a pic but it won't even show up on the camera. Maybe I need different lighting. In bright light though it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's funny because if it was on another window I wouldn't care but it's a spot I'm always looking at

Thinking about taking it back. I'll offer to compensate the tinter. I feel bad though because he already spent 5 hours re-doing my tints from another shop who did a really bad job

Things happen. If it is right in your view and really bothers you. By all means talk with the Tinter. I'm sure he was very pleased you went to him in the first place. There are times were so detailed in starting at the film all day long and Might have missed it. 

If it's bothering you, and you wouldn't have a problem paying to have them redo it, then I would go back, explain your issue, and offer to pay. 

That way it would be their call to do it for free, or accept your offer of paying. 

Totally different situation then if a customer came in all in a huff and demanding the window be redone for something that is super minor, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Jake said:

If you did not see the scratch until after you rolled it down then back up I would make sure nothing is in the door scratching it.

Didn't post before, but same think I am thinking.  Didn't see if for a whole week while window was up, but noticed it right away after rolling down/up.

13 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Didn't post before, but same think I am thinking.  Didn't see if for a whole week while window was up, but noticed it right away after rolling down/up.

Yeah it definitely wasn't there until I rolled the window down. Something scratched it.

Archived