Normal Tint Job? Dust Specks

What's funny is I've seen tinters on this forum over the years to claim they always do "flawless" and "perfect" tinting all the time. My suggestion is to do some searching on here and see if you can find one of them and they can stand by their words and turn that into a "perfect" "flawless" tint job for you [emoji4]

Another easier suggestion would be when judging the tint job you currently have, try not to inspect it so close that your nose is touching the window smearing the glass as you inspect the job.

A great tint job will be 99.9++ contamination free at best with all the proper procedures in order but give a good fluorescent light to an experienced tinter and let them press thier nose up against every window in a car, They'll find something in every tint job. Be it theirs or someone else's.

I have a returning customer that ask me to tint his Rubicon in 3M Crystalline and I told him NO due the fact that I don't think I can meet his expectation.  We went thru hell with his Maserati to made him happy because he was a YELPER.  He was picking at everything and made us install the tint sideway because he wear $1000 TOM FORD POLARIZE SUNGLASSES.  

Well long story short....He went to our competitor that charge him $400 for Crystalline on his Rubicon and ran back asking us to redo their work.  I told him that they should have taken the door panel off on that Jeep to do a good job due to the tight side gasket.  I read him our term and condition twice and also had him initial it.  We ended up charge him for removal and our cost of 3M Crystalline on the Jeep.  He is a happy customer and understand now that minor imperfection is ok in the tint business.  

Along the year we have learn to read customers....There are like 3 - 6 customers a year that we say no too due to their demanding high expectation. There are also a few that fool us and get the better of us. I just learn to except the good with the bad.......and that there are a lot more good then bad people.

so long theres not clusters, its good. we had someone come in years ago with a 02ish cavalier with over 200k on it. they complained about about specs here and there, tried to explain to them a tint job can only be so clean on a car with that age and mileage without hurting their feelings. told them to find a shop that will guarantee a cleaner job and i will gladly pay for them to redo it. never got a call back.

Archived