LLumar CTX Vs Madico Wincos Vs Huper Optik

Hey all. I'm trying to find myself a nice long lasting super durable film that has a high heat rejection like the Madico Wincos IR film. I used to own a 7 series and I had the wincos on it. I was very happy with it. It really held up to the hot sunny Southwest where I live. So my question is how does the CTX and the Huper Optik hold up in comparison? Anyone on here have either of those window films? I got quoted 449.00 for the Wincos IR in 45%. Thats a bit absurd price if you ask me.. Any input is greatly appreciated.
TIA.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any experience with those particular films so I can't really comment on them but if we're lucky maybe @TNTLady and @DynamicAppearance will chime in with their perspective. You didn't mention what your new vehicle is or where you're located at so it's hard to say anything about the pricing, maybe you can update us with those details. 

Shoot, my apologies. This is a 2014 Mazda 6. I live in arizona. Was also just looking at the global dual reflective but not sure what the heat reaistence factor is on that. Seems like Howard is a straight up professional guy to deal with.. Seems fairly well known here as well.

Shoot, my apologies. This is a 2014 Mazda 6. I live in arizona. Was also just looking at the global dual reflective but not sure what the heat rejection factor is on that. Seems like Howard is a straight up professional guy to deal with.. Seems fairly well known here as well.

Global dual reflective is an architectural film, I believe their top range automotive film is the QDP Ceramic. 

Found it. Looks like closest headquarters is in los Angeles. Seems like a small niche company.

That would be an issue for me, being that i dont tint for a living, nor feel comfortable doing so. Also don't know anyone that would be able to apply it for me...

If you are looking for a great heat rejection with a lower price, then the Llumar CTX will be the best option listed above.  However, if you are willing to pay more, CTX doesn't compete with Wincos or Huper Ceramic.  Both great films with me leaning toward Huper because of higher performance and is also dye-free.  The third option to add would be 3M Crystalline which would be somewhere in the price range of Huper Ceramic.  In the end, find a quality installer that offers a quality film.  As we seen on the other thread with the Hellcat, just because they offer a premium film doesn't mean they are good installers.

If you are looking for a great heat rejection with a lower price, then the Llumar CTX will be the best option listed above.  However, if you are willing to pay more, CTX doesn't compete with Wincos or Huper Ceramic.  Both great films with me leaning toward Huper because of higher performance and is also dye-free.  The third option to add would be 3M Crystalline which would be somewhere in the price range of Huper Ceramic.  In the end, find a quality installer that offers a quality film.  As we seen on the other thread with the Hellcat, just because they offer a premium film doesn't mean they are good installers.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response and feedback. I appreciate it.

Archived