BG stars??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tinted a car for a woman once. Couple days later she claims there are lines in the tint on her back window. She brings it in for me to look at. And sure enough she is convinced I added the defrost lines when I tinted her car. I explained to her the lines had always been there. And she swore they were not. All I could do was shake my head. :crazy

3 minutes ago, coast2coasttinting said:

I tinted a car for a woman once. Couple days later she claims there are lines in the tint on her back window. She brings it in for me to look at. And sure enough she is convinced I added the defrost lines when I tinted her car. I explained to her the lines had always been there. And she swore they were not. All I could do was shake my head. :crazy

You prob lost that conversation. 

11 hours ago, TNTLady said:

Have had cars, in years past, where customers complained about something similar to this problem. Has to do with the angle of the glass and the "tenting" of the film and creating a type of visual affect where the lights rays reflect off the edge of the defroster and the film creating the starburst look. That's the only way I know to describe it. Not all cars do this, only ones with just that right, wrong, angle of glass with added window film. Only a hand full of people ever notice this problem.

weird Ive never seen this, especially working at a dealership and tinting all of the same cars for over 4 years..But this explanation is great..thank you!

I wonder if it's also affected by the factory tint, if you can call it that. I noticed the new 16 and 17 7 series have a little something in their lamination. It adds reflection to the glass kind of like the older Mercedes' where the rear window appears purple/pink/blue/oily rainbow when a film is applied.

Archived