Greetings from STEK-USA

Hello Everyone – greetings from STEK-USA and STEK Automotive and the heart of the company:  Inside Sales and Operations!  Pardon the long introduction but we’ve been quiet for many months while others have spoken, so now we have a lot to say.

We want to address who we are, why we matter, and dispel some of the myths and urban legends surrounding our brand.  As with any good “investigative report”, we’ll address who, what, where, when, why, and how.

WHO we are:  STEK is a Korean company founded in 1977 with a focus on protective films for phones, tablets, laptop screens and other similar devices.  We grew our business, grew our R&D staff, and expanded our own factory with knowledgeable manufacturing engineers and strict quality control.  Mid-way through our growth a series of circumstances led a large Korean auto manufacturer to contact STEK about replacing its current supplier for a dry-applied production-line film.  1+ years later we not only mastered the OEM-supplier test disciplines and invested in all the test gear – we passed the tests and starting supplying this manufacturer and then others.  THE B-2B  business led to development of other automotive paint protection and window tint products.  We built a successful private-label automotive film supply business and in late 2015 decided to market under our own brand.  Partnering with Korea we formed STEK-USA in late 2016 (before SEMA).  Our founders are successful in their own right as owners of a highly successful detail and PPF shop in the Seattle area.  So we are one of you at heart and this should answer questions about the core company.

WHAT we provide:  In the US we started our branch with paint protection films.  Although window film could be part of our future, PPF comes first and PPF is our focus.  We have inventory in Bellevue WA along with tech support from folks who apply PPF for a living.  Training is under development and will be available later this year.  Our PPF products include a very affordable non-coated film (ANTIshield), a very cost-effective premium product (PROshield), and the very high performing hydrophobic DYNOshield.  The majority of our raw material comes from the US (film, top coats), Japan (adhesives), and Korea (misc. – about 10% of the cost).  At the end of this post we’ve included a few photos of our facilities.  So the bottom line:  We provide sales, product, technical support, and service from Bellevue WA.

WHERE we are located:  Our office and warehouse is located at 127000 Bel Red Road, Bellevue WA.   On the web we are at www.stek-usa.com, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and DriveTribe.  Check out YouTube for some interesting installation videos on the DYNO product family.  To drive business to our dealers we are sponsoring forums for Tesla, Corvette, Rennlist, 6-speed, Mercedes, and Audi (and of course, Tintdude).  As noted, STEK Automotive has administrative offices in Seoul Korea;  our plant and warehouse are located about 1.5 hours outside the city.  For clarity - the plant is an STEK-owned facility for use exclusively by STEK to manufacture STEK and private label branded adhesive-backed protective film products.  And before you ask, about half our business is still screen-protection products lest anyone question us on that front.  Same skills and knowledge required – just different use-cases.

WHEN did we start:  STEK was founded in 1977, STEK Automotive in the early 2000s, and STEK-USA in mid-2016.

WHY we matter:  We are one of you – our choice was the result of real-world experience with everyday installations.  We researched film and discovered STEK; and with STEK we found a superior product backed by a superior company.  We have our own R&D staff driven by an aggressive product roadmap developing new and improved products.  These new films are designed to open new markets for you, to provide products that are more attractive to potential PPF customers, to increase your margins, and to reduce your costs.  Unlike many suppliers, we make what we sell – from the initial design to in-process quality control and final inspection before shipping.  We focus on performance, quality, and consistency so we can and do take total responsibility for what we sell.

HOW can you join the STEK revolution?  Contact us through any of the web outlets.  Call me, Howard Goldberg, Inside Sales and Operations Manager, at 425-623-3973 / howard@stek-usa.com for placing orders, researching technical information, or for product or warranty support.  Contact Dan McPhail, Sales Manager, at 207-363-7444 / dan@stek-usa.com for sales-related inquiries.  Finally, if you have other questions or topics for discussion contact Gordon Lewandowski, General Manager, at 425-785-8160 / gordon@stek-usa.com.  We aim for transparency in all we do welcoming all contacts about anything having to do with our company and our products.

We’re not new, but we’re different – join the #stekrevolution.

12 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

Welcome to the forum Howard. I spoke with a couple Stek guys at SEMA, had some nice looking products :twocents 

Let me know when your down Portland way. Do you offer training around Bellevue?

cheers

Stan 

Hi Stan, we may of met at SEMA but it was such a whirlwind of activity I could not be certain. As far as training goes we do not have a program set up right now but we do have a few irons in the fire and I will keep you updated. I do not get to Portland as much as I would like but I am planning a camping trip to crater lake sometime in September, I would love to stop by and say hi. 

Howard 

14 hours ago, silverbullet said:

Howard: Do you have Matte in stock, I heard XPEL is out? 

Yes I just received my second pallet of matte film yesterday and shipped half if it right back out ! But I have you covered, send me an email with any questions on how to get a few rolls. 

Thanks 

Howard 

Howard@stek-usa.com 

Archived