What did i do wrong?

i recommend to heat the area past the dots, wrap a paper towel around a slammer and press hard and slow. You probably could have played it down more when shrinking on the outside too. That will lay down but you will only get a few chances on it. Timing on the heat and press is critical .

Steel wool would of helped. Sorta looked like an under shrink in corners. When corners are rounded like that i trim corners more at 90* before shrinking.  Prevents that and makes shrinkig easier. Fords matric does suck, for 1/4s razor em real good. 

Yes. Steel wool would have helped :yeah   

Main thing to remember there is that it using steel wool on frit creates a lot of nasty dirt and dust from the scrubbing of it.    So make sure to rinse really well after scrubbing the edges. :cleanwindows   

Ya the focus HB will do that too, I tint for a ford dealer and seem to have fixed this problem by my shrink method. Dry shrink with a centre line in the middle but follow the defroster curve. I don't tack the sides leave it long all around. Shrink from the sides in all the way across the bottom. Then hit the top the same way. I use a wet edge vinyl card to make sure the shrink is flat and past the matrix. Then trim and install, should have little to no fingers this way. Not tacking the sides seems to let the film lay down smooth when shrinking rather then forcing them closer to the middle. Hope this helps for next time. :thumb2

15 minutes ago, GlassWithClass said:

Ya the focus HB will do that too, I tint for a ford dealer and seem to have fixed this problem by my shrink method. Dry shrink with a centre line in the middle but follow the defroster curve. I don't tack the sides leave it long all around. Shrink from the sides in all the way across the bottom. Then hit the top the same way. I use a wet edge vinyl card to make sure the shrink is flat and past the matrix. Then trim and install, should have little to no fingers this way. Not tacking the sides seems to let the film lay down smooth when shrinking rather then forcing them closer to the middle. Hope this helps for next time. :thumb2

Thank you, ill give it another shot soon

Archived