Tips for a beginner

So I just bought my first roll of film and all the squeegees the film I bought from express window film it's a 40in roll of 20% 50ft of the 1.5 charcoal just wondering if anyone had any tips for a complete begginer got 3 of my family's cars for practice 

Welcome to the forum :beer

Lots of great tinters here to get advice from. The search button on the upper right of the page is a good tool for specific questions.  Auto window tinting isn't a easy thing to learn. If you are interested in possibly making it a part or full time job check out my learning library of DVDs.  Tons of information on ways to make the work easier,  faster and cleaner. Clean is very important! I have a discount for tintdude members :twocents

Cheers

Stan

www.autowindowtinting.com 

5 hours ago, Jalittle92 said:

So I just bought my first roll of film and all the squeegees the film I bought from express window film it's a 40in roll of 20% 50ft of the 1.5 charcoal just wondering if anyone had any tips for a complete begginer got 3 of my family's cars for practice 

My first advice is you are going to be putting illegal film on your family's cars. The front 2 windows are going to be too dark.

2nd advice is you are going to get frustrated and stay calm.

I agree with the 20% thing, unless that is what they are asking for.  I have 5% on mine and 20% on my wife's, but I have a medical exemption that allows me to do that on my vehicle and my wife's.  I don't know that I would go that dark on someone else's vehicle unless they specifically asked.  

Also, 50 feet for three cars is a bit optimistic starting out.  I start with 100 foot rolls because I know I will make mistakes, lol.  I'm sure after a few more months of doing this, I'll get better.  In fact, I need to redo a few windows on my car.

Archived