Tips for a beginner

They wanted the 20% lol and yeah I just did the first truck and yepp should've gotten 100ft roll lol with a little more practice I think I'll be okay gonna order more film in a couple of days got some buddies who are wanting me to do some for them hope fully by next year I'll be decent enough to maybe open up a little shop or something that's the plan anyway I can't stand my job right now and always wanted to do my own thing 

20 hours ago, Jalittle92 said:

They wanted the 20% lol and yeah I just did the first truck and yepp should've gotten 100ft roll lol with a little more practice I think I'll be okay gonna order more film in a couple of days got some buddies who are wanting me to do some for them hope fully by next year I'll be decent enough to maybe open up a little shop or something that's the plan anyway I can't stand my job right now and always wanted to do my own thing 

I was like you last year. But instead of work I was going to school because I got hurt at work. No amount of youtube videos or research can help you as much as a training can. That is why buying a DVD from @flat rock stan is the 2nd best idea. The best idea is going to his training classes. Idk how I can make it easier for you to understand that the longer you go without training the harder it is to learn and the more money you are going to waste. Good luck on your journey bud!

18 hours ago, Stewy said:

I was like you last year. But instead of work I was going to school because I got hurt at work. No amount of youtube videos or research can help you as much as a training can. That is why buying a DVD from @flat rock stan is the 2nd best idea. The best idea is going to his training classes. Idk how I can make it easier for you to understand that the longer you go without training the harder it is to learn and the more money you are going to waste. Good luck on your journey bud!

Sooooo true!  When I started back in the 80's, there was no youtube, but I did have video's from MMM that I watched over and over.  Still went thru a whole roll of film on the first truck I tried to tint. :tantrum 

Hands-on training is the #1 thing you could invest in...you will save so much in the long run!  #2 would be the vids from @flat rock stan 

i have frequented this site for years and recently started chiming in. all of this is great advice from even greater people. i highly suggest as others have, to get hands on training. put it on a credit card, or borrow money. that is if you want to do it full time. there's no greater reward than someone watching you tint, and say "you make that look so easy". well, that, and the fact one can make a lot more money laying film then with a college degree. 

Archived