Yelp reviewer meets business owner.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:21 PM, Stewy said:

I'm glad it works for some people. But I had it for 4 months and it brought 1 customer. That customer came after I decided to cancel during the 3rd month.

Here is the secret of Yelp....You got to have many positive reviews to be on top.  We print out a post card that say "Like us, Love Us, Yelp Us" and put our url on the bottom so the customer can review us. Yelper/consumer do not click on your listing if you have little/no or negative reviews..... so if you are not getting any business from Yelp it is because of those reason.  We get 10-20 messages a day from Yelper wanting price quote. We reply back within the hour with our price and why they should pick us over our competitor. 

Eastman is big on having a Yelp presence. I can see it being a posable plus is the auto tinting game but not in the commercial market. We be grudgingly set up a Yelp page and although we have no negative feedback, I'm still thinking about taking gone page down. The risk/reward for us simply does not make sense 

Yikes!!! You handled that real well I'd say! I don't know how you'd avoid yelp abusers but gosh I'd like to get an answer :( There's just some people that take advantage of that sorta stuff (Google reviews) just to get what they want. How awful.

Hi Dryshrinker,

From what I see via the media, meth addition is a common sign for random aggression.

From the way you handled it, you would at the very least have a good case in court. However as far as the entire online review system, I can only hope that at some point that some tech savvy teenager comes up with a fair way to allow established and ethically minded businesses to protect themselves from random 'crack head' customers.

It is sometimes very hard to build the drive to be the very best, when you are prone to your less savvy competition to create fake reviews. It takes the 'wind out of the sails' so to speak. 

Take care,

Michael