A Non Reflctve 5% for commercial glass

I tinted a store front  5 years ago with 20% Express glare cut. There is fade and especially where previous signs and decals were. SO the owners also want to do 5% because they are gangsters. 

Question: I need a non reflective, color stable, no fade 5% for these single pane storefront window. I understand glarecut may be a reboxed automotive tint. COULD I just use a color stable automotive film for this application? I need film suggestions. 

Thanks people!

3 hours ago, jh812 said:

If it's single pane tempered just do 5% auto for a black look. Could do delta dual reflective 10% from express also. 

Yep that was my first answer but they did not want any reflective. I love that DR express makes. Seeing that the Glarecut has the same specs as automotive film. I think I will end up using a premium automotive 5% unless somebody suggest that is not a good idea. 

The 10% isn't reflective like the others but in that case honestly I would just go with the auto. LIke ryker said Johnson nightscape 5 is black but there really isn't much benefit in using that over just a 5 auto imo, especially since they don't have the precut program anymore. 

5 minutes ago, jh812 said:

The 10% isn't reflective like the others but in that case honestly I would just go with the auto. LIke ryker said Johnson nightscape 5 is black but there really isn't much benefit in using that over just a 5 auto imo, especially since they don't have the precut program anymore. 

Dry adhesive would be the big benefit IMO.

Just now, Ryker said:

Dry adhesive would be the big benefit IMO.

Yeah I thought about that after typing it. If you which I'm sure you can could get a quarter roll that wouldn't be a bad idea. Well that is assuming this is a relatively small job. 

Good Morning Blktint,

Our Ceramic Dual Reflective (CDR) 05% would be compatible with this application.  It would cover you on the color stability.  it also has a dry adhesive and a polypropylene liner, which facilitates the "drop roll"  technique.  Our tech support desk (800)FILM-NOW can fill you in on any details you might need.  We stock this film in all 3 warehouses on 36/48/60/72 inch widths.

Regards,

Howard

22 hours ago, EWF said:

Good Morning Blktint,

Our Ceramic Dual Reflective (CDR) 05% would be compatible with this application.  It would cover you on the color stability.  it also has a dry adhesive and a polypropylene liner, which facilitates the "drop roll"  technique.  Our tech support desk (800)FILM-NOW can fill you in on any details you might need.  We stock this film in all 3 warehouses on 36/48/60/72 inch widths.

Regards,

Howard

Is that it reflective on the outside?   They are wanting a non reflective film. 

Archived