Reverse Roll larger windows

How do some of you go about reverse rolling the film for bigger windows?  I'm about to get started on some 5ft by 6ft windows and those get to be a bit large for one person.  Would you lay down tarps and pull the film out of the box on the floor?  Pre cut at the shop or cut on site?  It is at a car dealership showroom so I don't really want to be laying a bunch of window film all over the place.  Thanks in advance for the tips. 

I pull onsite... I'd just go to a less busy area and cut all my pieces for the job at once. 

Is the film you are using PS or CDF? 

While larger, if they are CDF, you should be able to drop roll them when installing.

Yeah, I'd just find an area that is free of people... cut them all... roll them up and then take them to the window you're tinting. If you cut them all at once you don't have to go back and forth, and you're only taking up the space for a short period of time rather then interrupting people repeatedly. :thumb2

The only time I've used anything like that is when I was working on a construction site and there was dirt everywhere. 

But, I guess in order to minimize contamination, it could be worth doing. Certainly won't hurt anything. 

5ft by 6ft are not that big,,6'+8' are rougher tho with one short person

I just used the next window to precut the pattern and peeled it on the glass and frankeyed on for many years til  i learned the reverse roll it on and i precut them on a clean table(6'+8'+) i made at my shop and roll them up

Also made a mobile setup to pull and cut to length big pieces hanging from a ladder to peel and wet and franky on the glass pretty easy also

I say no to the flloor dirt,,but have used big pieces of coroplast to lay it on and cut to size

1 hour ago, DOOTINT said:

5ft by 6ft are not that big,,6'+8' are rougher tho with one short person

I just used the next window to precut the pattern and peeled it on the glass and frankeyed on for many years til  i learned the reverse roll it on and i precut them on a clean table(6'+8'+) i made at my shop and roll them up

Also made a mobile setup to pull and cut to length big pieces hanging from a ladder to peel and wet and franky on the glass pretty easy also

I say no to the flloor dirt,,but have used big pieces of coroplast to lay it on and cut to size

Do you happen to have any pics of your mobile setup you use?

The job is done.  I ended up just using the floor.  It was pretty clean since its a brand new car dealership.  Llumar's DR25 is SOOOOOO nice to work with, love that stuff.

Some form of film handler, is in my opinion, essential. If you are a proffesional you should have the correct tools. It is the only way to get a clean straight edge at right angles!!
You can then reverse roll any size of window the width of you film. 

Only time I ever lay film on the floor is in a clean conservatory to cut awkward triangular or other shapes, and then it is on a proper cutting board on top of a clean tarp
5` x 6` are not very big in archetechtural tinting.

Archived