To Wet The Glass or Not Wet The Glass

2 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Do you use the Scott's blue towels or white??? Great answer you use tint slime or j and Johnson's 

Blue. Didn't know Scotts had a white. I use store brand baby shampoo ,and also Film On sometimes.

7 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Ok thanks Wal-Mart equate right???

I have used Equate. I have a grocery store next to me that has one called "Tippy Toes."(haha) I don't find any differance in any of the in house name baby shampoo's.

dirt on upper edge is an easy cure. I use a miracle or KAWOS cloth to wipe the top of the window.  lint free,  rinse and reuse.  on laminate glass you might have to spray the channel to remove the dirt.   top front and back squirt with slip before final squeegee.  cant wipe in the corners and will prevent dirt near front edge.  hold squeegee so that the slip runs down and not over glass on final pass to avoid re-contamination.  I can clean glass,  can not clean old gaskets.  i use minimal water for applying to avoid dirt trails on flip lines.

17 hours ago, shadytints said:

dirt on upper edge is an easy cure. I use a miracle or KAWOS cloth to wipe the top of the window.  lint free,  rinse and reuse.  on laminate glass you might have to spray the channel to remove the dirt.   top front and back squirt with slip before final squeegee.  cant wipe in the corners and will prevent dirt near front edge.  hold squeegee so that the slip runs down and not over glass on final pass to avoid re-contamination.  I can clean glass,  can not clean old gaskets.  i use minimal water for applying to avoid dirt trails on flip lines.

Thanks shady 

On 3/24/2017 at 6:52 AM, Aesop_Rock said:

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

My question is about Top Edge Contamination and how to effectively minimize it. I am sure this has been answered a thousand times before but here it goes...

Here is how I clean my roll ups. 

1. Wet window, razor blade entire window, than squeegee, (Cleaning Solution is filtered water and alcohol)

2. Wet Window, Use white scrubby,

3. Wipe top edge with microfiber cloth,

3. Do side and bottom gaskets with microfiber cloth wrapped around a conquistador or easy reach.

4. Squeegee entire window and flush side and bottom gaskets

5. Wet entire window for install. (Slip Is J&J, alcohol, filtered water)

I might do this entire process a few times depending on the year of the vehicle and what it is being used. 

So my problem is that I keep getting top edge contamination. not a whole lot but enough that it bugs the shit out of me. So my answer to this was NOT to wet my window before final install and use an extra soapy slip just on the adhesive side of the tint. Am I on to something? 

your 2nd step 3 you don't say you wipe top gasket. Then step 4 you squeegee entire window which means you roll all the way up. If so thats your contamination rolling up on dirty gasket before install. 

2 hours ago, gramma said:

your 2nd step 3 you don't say you wipe top gasket. Then step 4 you squeegee entire window which means you roll all the way up. If so thats your contamination rolling up on dirty gasket before install. 

Could be or just didnt explain rite..like all the details 

Archived