2016 Malibu door panel removal

Crazydays01

I've never bothered to pull the full panels on those. If you pull the screw from behind the handle then you can pop the top of the panel back and pull the sweep, I usually use a couple old yellow turbos to help wedge the panel out but you don't have to. This picture is from a Cruze but they're identical in this respect. 

20170210_160934.jpg.daeea7d4751e8f9fdd2b6a430dd4ad14.jpg

I tried to pop just the tops but those damn clips were flipping tight! What's your best practice to pop them. That's the last thing I want to do Is to bust a panel. I'd rather spend an extra few minutes fully removing them to explain to a customer I broke their stuff.

46 minutes ago, Crazydays01 said:

I tried to pop just the tops but those damn clips were flipping tight! What's your best practice to pop them. That's the last thing I want to do Is to bust a panel. I'd rather spend an extra few minutes fully removing them to explain to a customer I broke their stuff.

I roll the window down and use a pair of non-maring tools from the outside. One on either side of the clips and work from the back forward, popping them individually. 

Archived