Tint tacking too fast, lil chizler, and smudges under tint

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, highplains said:

I measure my J&J using an oral syringe, I add 2.5-3ml of J&J to a 32oz spray bottle and about 5ml to a pump sprayer. I find that by measuring it out I can ensure consistency in my solution from one bottle to the next.

I also measure for consistency. I use a shot glass with oz, tbs, tsp, and ml measurements. I use the following oz - 1/4 oz for 50-60* and about 1 oz plus for 100-110*. Takes no more time to measure it and i hardly ever have too much or too little. 

By the way, a question:

why is it always recommended shampoo J & J and not any other? Because of PH, for being the most famous brand ...? From what I've read, another baby shampoo has the same effect and does not cause damage at work, right?

10 hours ago, Farrier said:

By the way, a question:

why is it always recommended shampoo J & J and not any other? Because of PH, for being the most famous brand ...? From what I've read, another baby shampoo has the same effect and does not cause damage at work, right?

Are you talking about the generic version of J&J?

On 3/27/2017 at 2:10 PM, Trentxxn said:

I plan to upgrade films as soon as i get better, but until then i need to continue using cheaper stuff. I just cant tell if its me not knowing what im doing, or if its my solution or tint, or if a combination of all. 

Don't bother using the "cheap stuff" to learn on. Buy the "good" stuff, or whatever you are wanting to use and learn on it. All film will act differently in every situation. To me it's like learning how to ride a bike without training wheels an the next day buying a Harley. Your best bet it to learn with what your going to use, that way you know the film an what to expect!!! 

Guest Metro Films
Beginner Having a few issues. Tint is tacking too fast, having lots of trouble after i lock top down and roll the window up, cant get tint to slide into the sides and bottom. (Acura tsx 2011) Using distilled water, j&j, and maxpro maxjet pro film. Also, Ive heard of people using the lil chizler but ive never had any success with it, im not sure how to use it or how to heat spots or contamination out. Also in the pics i will attach, there are alot of smudges behind my tint, cant figure out why. Is it because its taking me so long to get the sides tucked that my solution is drying and leaving smudging? You can really see it from the inside with the light behind it, looks awful
IMG_3601.JPG.12801f2d662f7f225eacdd2dc3e918d2.JPG
IMG_3602.JPG.025c507e6aca211d6ab3f7dd00c85678.JPG
IMG_3603.JPG.2b2dd6494e5922381e12a02cdb95464d.JPG
IMG_3604.JPG.51f5dfe93af102023587a0149919d191.JPG

Dang, im suprsied you have a job. Learn how to shave or line it up. Keep practicing. If you like the trade, in time youll get it. Best of luck

15 minutes ago, Metro Films said:

Dang, im suprsied you have a job. Learn how to shave or line it up. Keep practicing. If you like the trade, in time youll get it. Best of luck

Are you trying to tell him that he sucks? It wasn't as bad as what you make it seem. If i had a tinter that is learning and he does this job I would be happy with it. He is nit picking something that will go away because he cares. Imagine how good he will be when he finally gets it down. All I know is he already has better manners than you, it's not like you care.

Guest Metro Films
Are you trying to tell him that he sucks? It wasn't as bad as what you make it seem. If i had a tinter that is learning and he does this job I would be happy with it. He is nit picking something that will go away because he cares. Imagine how good he will be when he finally gets it down. All I know is he already has better manners than you, it's not like you care.

You guys are so emotional. And probably on drugs.

Archived