Ceramic Film Options

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/03/2017 at 7:18 AM, sunstopwindowtinting said:

There isn't a HUGE demand for it in Arkansas so we can't use anything too pricy 

On 28/03/2017 at 7:38 AM, sunstopwindowtinting said:

How does it do under the heat lamp demonstration? Will it sell itself?

A real Ceramics films will definitely perform well under heat lamp.

Example: 
Most portable IR meter might show similar IR cut for a traditional HP film (eg. 40% IR Cut) and an entry-level ceramic film because they measure the temperatures at lower wavelengths, eg. 900 or 1400nm level (peak performance).

On the other hand, the heat lamp exposes the tint to high temperatures at higher wavelengths (>1800nm) that can be felt by our skin but not detected by portable meters.

Therefore, an IR40% real ceramic films will perform better under heat lamp than an IR40% HP film because ceramic films are designed to provide significantly better performance under higher temperatures. 

Trust your skin :hot

On 30/03/2017 at 0:48 PM, Aesop_Rock said:

What's ceramic film is the easiest to shrink?

A premium metallized-sputtered film can provide superior heat reduction like ceramic films (given the same VLT), however, they are likely to be tougher to heat shrink. Generally speaking, on-metallized ceramic films should be easier to heat shrink than HP or metal-sputtered automotive films.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:48 PM, Aesop_Rock said:

What's ceramic film is the easiest to shrink?

i have no problems shrinking global ceramic. i prefer laying ceramic vs dyed. i need to stop being lazy and build a heat lamp display to do the upsells.

Archived