How did you get your start?

19 minutes ago, Aesop_Rock said:

Wow. All that under a year. That is crazy.

I'm not even remotely content with what we have now. It's not over until we franchise this shit son! Haha. 

3 minutes ago, jh812 said:

Anyone know how to get out of it? Is it like the mob, they'll kill you? 

Nope. But your phone is going to ring forever and you will have random visitors forever.

I was trained in PPF by 3M for the body shop I used to work for and when I couldn't do body work anymore I kept up with PPF for them on the side. I ended up picking up PPF work for one of the local dealership's body shops as well and after several jobs for them they approached me with an offer to come in and take over running their tint shop. I trained for a couple days with the 3M rep again and was thrown to sharks to either sink or swim. I've managed to get the program turned around and profitable, added a new line of tint, and PPF sales are getting better and better every month. I'm working towards eventually going independent, hopefully sometime early next year. 

I actually responded to a news paper ad looking for tinter. When they said no thank you we need someone with experience, I told them I would work for free. They said ok I'll give you a try. I quit a apprentice machinist job at 18 and scared my mom to death and went to work for free. 1.5 weeks later I was hired. 25 years ago. Small shop now, doing ALL the used cars for one large Honda dealership, repeat and referral retail as well. Can't complain........ work hard, take chances

There was this dude building a "boat" with his family...talking about a lot of rain coming, collecting up all these animals.  Anyway, he had openings in the top of the boat.  I told him about this process I had come up with where I heat sand and turn it into a clear hard substance that would probably help to keep this rain that he was talking about, on the outside of the "boat".  He said something about how that would probably intensify any sunshine that may occur during this period of rain and really heat up the inside of the "boat"  So I started playing with this stuff called amber...found out if I put it on the glass, it actually cut down the heat of the sun.  Showed it to him...and he said we could give it a try, but that he wasn't going to pay for something that was "experimental" but that he would give me a ride in his "boat"....and here I am now.

That's the short version...pm me and I will tell you about the smell in that "boat"....I've hated tinting boats ever since.... :gasp