The Reach (NEW WINDOW TINTING TOOL)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried out the new smooth it with two new abrasive cloth. Jay sent me a black cloth and wow it really a cuts down the cards fast. The second cloth was a little bit less abrasive. In all the three would be very good at keeping cards new. The only thing I noticed was on the cloth the part that sands is a very small part of it. It would be a waste to throw away the cloth when it wears down. I know I would still use the cloth outside of the smooth-it. Something else I noticed especially on the black cloth is that when it cuts it can leave "card dust" and has to be cleaned out if you get what I mean. Overall very innovative. 

IMG_0863.JPG

On 6/27/2017 at 5:51 PM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

I just tried out the new smooth it with two new abrasive cloth. Jay sent me a black cloth and wow it really a cuts down the cards fast. The second cloth was a little bit less abrasive. In all the three would be very good at keeping cards new. The only thing I noticed was on the cloth the part that sands is a very small part of it. It would be a waste to throw away the cloth when it wears down. I know I would still use the cloth outside of the smooth-it. Something else I noticed especially on the black cloth is that when it cuts it can leave "card dust" and has to be cleaned out if you get what I mean. Overall very innovative. 

IMG_0863.JPG

Hey Hang,

Thank you very much for the honest feedback. We only have two materials(fine grey mat and medium black mat) on the cloth, please make sure you are using the side that is Not shiny to smooth out the tools. Yes you are right about the waste of material but a replacement kit will only cost you $6.50 for a pack of 3 and that should be good for more that 6 month of daily used. On the dust that is left behind by tools, all you have to do is flip the fabric out and dust it off, that's the way we do it and it works just fine. 

Thanks again for sharing you opinion with us.

Ps: old pre tri edge era ... funny... take look at this video, he is talks about that on it.  

@WearTheFoxHat

I used to do that before but I realized that I was removing the nice round shape of the tool and making it sharp at the edge = N/G. then I switch to the car carpet, shorts...... but it was not doing an even job, it was mostly the tips of the tool so we decided to create a tool for it, base on the idea that an even friction will melt all roughness back into the surface of the tool keeping the natural shape of the edge. does it make any sense for you? .

Not trying to sell you the tool, every installer have they own way to do they things and that's what we do with our tools.. Just sharing the way that we do tint, it might not works for you but you might have some tricks that works for others and so on.

Thank you         

Archived