Pinnacle vs Huper Optik vs 3m Crystaline

After reading all the great and helpful information on this site, I've tried to narrow down my choices to 3 options... Huper, Crystaline and Pinnacle.... Pinnacle was added at the last minute since it seems to be a little bit more reasonable price wise.... Can anyone please tell me how the 3 compare in terms of heat rejection and quality?  I have a 2015 bmw 328i sedan.... just got it,, doesn't have any tint on it.   Also if there is a reasonably priced shop you'd recommend in Dallas Fort Worth, Houston, Austin or San Antonio I'd appreciate the referral.  I travel quite a bit for work and so I can plan a trip around any of those 4 cities.... 

Thanks in advance

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are trying to keep the price a little lower, Pinnacle will be a great option with tons of heat rejection.  Huper Ceramic and 3M Crystalline will be a step above Pinnacle, but price tag is also higher.  I have ran both on one specific vehicle since we were a dealer for Huper and now Llumar/3M.  I honestly felt a difference when switching to Crystalline.  Our tinter did the same switch on his Mustang and he told me he also noticed a difference before I ever said anything to him.  This isn't going by numbers or a meter, just pure comfort we felt.

Yeah unfortunately the quotes I am getting for Crystalline are pretty ridiculous... premium product or not.... can't justify paying someone those kinds of amounts that I've been quoted.  If someone knows a reasonably priced Crystalline installer in Texas I'd definitely be interested.

2 hours ago, whodis said:

I can more than afford it... I'm just not out to get ripped off.... but thanks for your commentary

3M Crystalline and Huper Ceramic which are 2 film that I have experience with and they are both very expensive high quailty film. A roll can cost $1400 for Crystalline compare to an average roll cost of $200 for a quality dye or carbon film. Film installer for these 2 film are more highly skilled installer.  I totally understand if you feel the price for this film is unreasonable.  I thought the same thing 7 yrs ago when we first carry it, but after installing this on my own person vehicle.....I will never install anything else on my vehicle. 

1 hour ago, whodis said:

I can more than afford it... I'm just not out to get ripped off.... but thanks for your commentary

Ripped off... :spit  

And you're welcome for my commentary....sorry if it hit too close to home.

:bmw 

Archived