Pinnacle vs Huper Optik vs 3m Crystaline

42 minutes ago, whodis said:

Yet you feel the need to keep quoting in a thread that doesn't care about you or how you run your business or how you rip your customers off.... it's kinda funny that way huh.... no one values anything you have to say here... yet you keep trolling on so keep commenting and I'll get a good chuckle every time. 

:cry 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, whodis said:

Bodega, Dynamic and Midtown..... I truly appreciate the feedback and help it is very informative.  I've narrowed it down to Huper and Crystalline for sure.  Heat rejection is the priority... I travel about 500 to 1000 miles a week in my car going from one of our real estate projects to another.....

Bodega, yes I totally agree markets matter.  But I've been quoted as high as 1100 for huper optik by a guy in Houston and as low as 600 in the same city... kinda throws you for a loop when you hear that. 

Then in Dallas, I had an installer warn me on the phone that people in the area were pulling switches on customers... using lesser film even though charging for the more expensive.  Don't know if it was a sales tactic or actually true.. but it gives pause for sure.

This might be the reason you are getting a price different for Huper in Houston.  This is one of the reason we stop carry the film.  Huper Autobahn dealer have a Performer metal film which some dealer call Ceramic and price it low. This film look almost the same as Huper Ceramic but have a 60 IR rejection vs 80 IR rejection from HO Ceramic. When we was a Huper dealer....I was wondering why I am getting my ass kick on prices when quoting HO Ceramic. Later did I know...that my competitor was quoting Huper Optik Autobahn Performer which is a very good film but not Ceramic. I told my Huper rep.....they try to stop it...but it is only so much they can do. We also have a few 3M dealer in Houston that say they are Crystalline Certified but they are not.  They even have it on their website and store front sign.  My 3M rep even know it but same thing....it is only so much he can do.  If you are getting a low price on 3M Crystalline or Huper Ceramic....chances are...it is not the real deal. We have a 3M Crystalline dealer that quote $400 for a sedan over the phone.  Come to find out....when the customer come there: $69 to computer cut, $50 for 1 piece back glass (which you going to get anyway) and $25 - $50 for darker shade.  We are 1 of a few honest tint shop in Houston.   We don't lure you in with a $99 tint job because we don't have any film for $99....My installer get $75 labor per car...what am I suppose to make if we sell our film for $99. We also have a price list for a car, suv, and truck.  My service advisor don't just give out a random price.

Crystalline Certified is different than other certificate....You don't just become a Crystalline Certified by attending a class.  You have to already be buying and installing this film.  You have to buy a certain amount each quarter. You have to take a course and 3M rep have to see you installed a back glass on a vehicle. Most Certified class just require you to attend a 1 - 2 days class with no pass experience in that field to be certified.  Look at how many Xpel Certified installer there are...Most never installed ppf before the class....and then after the class they take on a customer install because they are certified.  The car come out looking like shit and some are bought to us to remove and redo. 

At the end...You are not being rip off.  It cost us a lot of time and money to carry these advance film and acquire these advance equipments, tools and techniques to install these film.  

The guys on this forum are top professional installer....some of them will take rip off to the heart.  These guys take the time out of their day to help other installer....educated about new product, tools, equipment, technique...and so on...YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER WINDOW FILM FORUM THAT WILL BE THIS HONEST....

Sorry if my grammar is bad....Im just typing away.

2 minutes ago, Midtown Houston said:

This might be the reason you are getting a price different for Huper in Houston.  This is one of the reason we stop carry the film.  Huper Autobahn dealer have a Performer metal film which some dealer call Ceramic ( I won't name....names...You know who you are) and price it low. This film look almost the same as Huper Ceramic but have a 60 IR rejection vs 80 IR rejection from HO Ceramic. When we was a Huper dealer....I was wondering why I am getting my ass kick on prices when quoting HO Ceramic. Later did I know...that my competitor was quoting Huper Optik Autobahn Performer which is a very good film but not Ceramic. I told my Huper rep.....they try to stop it...but it is only so much they can do. We also have a few 3M dealer in Houston that say they are Crystalline Certified but they are not.  They even have it on their website and store front sign.  My 3M rep even know it but same thing....it is only so much he can do.  If you are getting a low price on 3M Crystalline or Huper Ceramic....chances are...it is not the real deal. We have a 3M Crystalline dealer that quote $400 for a sedan over the phone.  Come to find out....when the customer come there: $69 to computer cut, $50 for 1 piece back glass (which you going to get anyway) and $25 - $50 for darker shade.  We are 1 of a few honest tint shop in Houston.   We don't lure you in with a $99 tint job because we don't have any film for $99....My installer get $75 labor per car...what am I suppose to make if we sell our film for $99. We also have a price list for a car, suv, and truck.  My service advisor don't just give out a random price.

Crystalline Certified is different than other certificate....You don't just become a Crystalline Certified by attending a class.  You have to already be buying and installing this film.  You have to buy a certain amount each quarter. You have to take a course and 3M rep have to see you installed a back glass on a vehicle. Most Certified class just require you to attend a 1 - 2 days class with no pass experience in that field to be certified.  Look at how many Xpel Certified installer there are...Most never installed ppf before the class....and then after the class they take on a customer install because they are certified.  The car come out looking like shit and some are bought to us to remove and redo. 

At the end...You are not being rip off.  It cost us a lot of time and money to carry these advance film and acquire these advance equipments, tools and techniques to install these film.  

Don't worry about your grammar...you spelled it out perfectly. :thumb 

I'm not dying to tint another beemer promise.... I'm an F1 installer, been sticking pinnacle for almost a decade. More bmws under my belt than probably anybody here. Single handed anyway.... new stratos film might be worth checking out. Looks black, makes are btu meter look like it's broken. :twocents 

18 hours ago, no ma'am said:

I'm not dying to tint another beemer promise.... I'm an F1 installer, been sticking pinnacle for almost a decade. More bmws under my belt than probably anybody here. Single handed anyway.... new stratos film might be worth checking out. Looks black, makes are btu meter look like it's broken. :twocents 

Thanks I'll look into it as well.

22 hours ago, Midtown Houston said:

This might be the reason you are getting a price different for Huper in Houston.  This is one of the reason we stop carry the film.  Huper Autobahn dealer have a Performer metal film which some dealer call Ceramic and price it low. This film look almost the same as Huper Ceramic but have a 60 IR rejection vs 80 IR rejection from HO Ceramic. When we was a Huper dealer....I was wondering why I am getting my ass kick on prices when quoting HO Ceramic. Later did I know...that my competitor was quoting Huper Optik Autobahn Performer which is a very good film but not Ceramic. I told my Huper rep.....they try to stop it...but it is only so much they can do. We also have a few 3M dealer in Houston that say they are Crystalline Certified but they are not.  They even have it on their website and store front sign.  My 3M rep even know it but same thing....it is only so much he can do.  If you are getting a low price on 3M Crystalline or Huper Ceramic....chances are...it is not the real deal. We have a 3M Crystalline dealer that quote $400 for a sedan over the phone.  Come to find out....when the customer come there: $69 to computer cut, $50 for 1 piece back glass (which you going to get anyway) and $25 - $50 for darker shade.  We are 1 of a few honest tint shop in Houston.   We don't lure you in with a $99 tint job because we don't have any film for $99....My installer get $75 labor per car...what am I suppose to make if we sell our film for $99. We also have a price list for a car, suv, and truck.  My service advisor don't just give out a random price.

The guys on this forum are top professional installer....some of them will take rip off to the heart.  These guys take the time out of their day to help other installer....educated about new product, tools, equipment, technique...and so on...YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER WINDOW FILM FORUM THAT WILL BE THIS HONEST....

Midtown I really do appreciate your help and honesty... and yes you are right.. I had been quoted by the company you talk about that then wants to throw in charges for cutting etc...  it was one of the reasons I came here to learn and understand and you guys have been great......

I'm even starting to look at having film applied to my 2 new hotel projects since they are oriented north and south with the sun beating on the east and west faces... would rather invest in film now and lower my operating costs for the long term.

23 hours ago, Midtown Houston said:

I definitely take the words RIP OFF to the heart, this email had my blood boil. Sometimes i wish they would come talk to me in person.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMER EMAIL
You and ********** are the most expensive in ***********. I'm having the whole job completed as we speak at Quickchip autoglass for $******** taxes included. 
Keep being a high priced outlet and you will lose business quicker then you get it. In today's economy there's a reason why business's fail, it's called poor management and dishonest pricing. I wish you the best of luck in the future of your business, however brief it may be.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPSONSE

Hello *******,

I am sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, a lot goes into the process of determining pricing and you may not agree with it and that is fine. There are a lot of criterias that come into play when pricing such as hours on the job, quality of products, and quality of installation. But regardless, we do thank you for the input.  

Thank you for your time,
CUSTOMER EMAIL
How can one company quote me $****** to complete the job and you quote over double? Tint prices aren't that much in difference. 

And befor you go on about longevity and all that crap it's a lifetime warranty on bubbles and fading and all that kinda stuff at quickchip. 

Also I've tried to use your business in the past had it's been the same sitiation, very overpriced and difficult to deal with, that's why i didn't bring my truck fleet to you anymore, it's sad to see a business with so much greed. I wish you the best.

our conversation ended there.
 Moral of the story..... DON'T BE THIS GUY, do your research, see what your options are, what you're buying,  and don't have a one track mind.

Archived