Pinnacle vs Huper Optik vs 3m Crystaline

22 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

I definitely take the words RIP OFF to the heart, this email had my blood boil. Sometimes i wish they would come talk to me in person.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMER EMAIL
You and ********** are the most expensive in ***********. I'm having the whole job completed as we speak at Quickchip autoglass for $******** taxes included. 
Keep being a high priced outlet and you will lose business quicker then you get it. In today's economy there's a reason why business's fail, it's called poor management and dishonest pricing. I wish you the best of luck in the future of your business, however brief it may be.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPSONSE

Hello *******,

I am sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, a lot goes into the process of determining pricing and you may not agree with it and that is fine. There are a lot of criterias that come into play when pricing such as hours on the job, quality of products, and quality of installation. But regardless, we do thank you for the input.  

Thank you for your time,
CUSTOMER EMAIL
How can one company quote me $****** to complete the job and you quote over double? Tint prices aren't that much in difference. 

And befor you go on about longevity and all that crap it's a lifetime warranty on bubbles and fading and all that kinda stuff at quickchip. 

Also I've tried to use your business in the past had it's been the same sitiation, very overpriced and difficult to deal with, that's why i didn't bring my truck fleet to you anymore, it's sad to see a business with so much greed. I wish you the best.

our conversation ended there.
 Moral of the story..... DON'T BE THIS GUY, do your research, see what your options are, what you're buying,  and don't have a one track mind.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.. I'm trying to keep an open mind as possible and learn along the way... over the next 3 months I'll be buying 2 more vehicles so I'm essentially looking to tint 3 vehicles, plus my sister has 2 additional BMWs (X3 and 6 series) that need tinting  so I'm trying to keep her in mind as well.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blackoutauto said:

I definitely take the words RIP OFF to the heart,

As do I... both for myself, and my fellow tinters. 

In today's economy 

:blah  :blah  :blah

If that were true, everyone would be driving around in whatever is the cheap car of today.

But they aren't. You have people purchasing cars from $10k to a half of a million.  Same with houses... same with anything.

Not sure where the customer that emailed you lands in terms of income levels, but I think people got so used to saying the economy is horrible that they are still in that mindset.

And I don't mean to imply that there aren't still people that are struggling. Because there clearly are. But that doesn't negate the fact that a market can support a business such as yours, or anyone else that isn't a $99 shop. 

Heck... I got a burger and shake the other day from Burger King and it was $10.  

While all of the films you are asking about will perform very much alike. IMO, the smart money is to go with Pinicle, HO, then the Crystaline.. In that order. The Crystalines Achilles heel is its poor durability. 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:30 PM, no ma'am said:

I'm an F1 installer, been sticking pinnacle for almost a decade... new stratos film might be worth checking out. Looks black, makes are btu meter look like it's broken. :twocents

On 4/20/2017 at 2:52 PM, DynamicAppearance said:

IR is not mentioned on the forum much simply because TSER already has IR included.  TSER is also recognized as the "official" heat rejection measurement.  The problem with IR is it is subjective to the person...some people will feel a greater difference than someone else.  So it is hard to have a level playing field when opinions are different.  Llumar/Formula One does not recognize IR as being an important measurement which is why they do not list a separate section for it.  The problem with 3M, sure it will be brought up, is the 97% is only a small portion of the wavelength versus Huper using all of it.  If 3M were to use the whole wavelength, then that number would be less.  IMO, I think why 3M focuses on that smaller amount is because that is what we feel the most of in the sun...so blocking more there than anywhere else.  That is my guess though.  I am with you and I believe IR is extremely important as it makes you feel more comfortable...that is a win for me.  I honestly think this industry is just not changing enough to keep up with new technologies and some of the thinking is outdated.  That is my opinion though.

Thanks @no ma'am

for the tip.  I didn't even realized the existence of F1 Stratos until you mentioned it here.  It's not on their website; I had to dig to find it under Llumar's North America's website.  

@DynamicAppearance

Looks like Llumar/Formular One now recognizes IR as an separate measurement with this release of their new Stratus line.  From the specs, it looks like they are measuring the small portion of wavelength you were mentioning about with 3M.  Their specs are toe-to-toe with Crystalline's.  I've not been able to find out much on the web or YouTube (just 2-3 marketing vids) but it's definitely caught my interesting.  I'll have to check if my local F1 dealer is carrying Stratos yet.  

stratos.jpg.c84441d27ec053bf11ebd35a8a7033fc.jpg

Seems like Stratos costs the same as Huper and Crystalline but those two have better heat rejection right?

According to the new Formula One spec sheet, Stratos is on par with Crystalline in terms of TSER and IR. Stratos is so new that there's not been real world long term testaments to the product yet vs. years from Huper and Crystalline.

Archived