Who has the best pattern software for price ?

the film vinyl designs is pretty good. The window tint patterns are real good, Paint protections ok, never comparable to DAP.

The biggest  reason i like FVD more then precision cut is because FVD offers smoother lines, less nodes. The precision cut pattern is filled and saturated with extra useless nodes. The blade has to keep lifting and readjusting, going back and fourth. by the end of it u got alot of rough edges on the pattern.

1 hour ago, blackoutauto said:

the film vinyl designs is pretty good. The window tint patterns are real good, Paint protections ok, never comparable to DAP.

The biggest  reason i like FVD more then precision cut is because FVD offers smoother lines, less nodes. The precision cut pattern is filled and saturated with extra useless nodes. The blade has to keep lifting and readjusting, going back and fourth. by the end of it u got alot of rough edges on the pattern.

Thanks for the response I'll look into FVD. 

On 4/21/2017 at 9:20 AM, XPEL Jeff said:

Is your primary need quality patterns or the best price?

From my understanding DAP has best patterns out there. The problem is that we only do about 5-10 installs per month at the moment, sometimes even less but we are pushing to do more in the near future. So if we were at 5 installs per month is the DAP program worth it for money? 

13 hours ago, tintdoctor said:
From my understanding DAP has best patterns out there. The problem is that we only do about 5-10 installs per month at the moment, sometimes even less but we are pushing to do more in the near future. So if we were at 5 installs per month is the DAP program worth it for money? 

I'd say yes, as the best way to get more business is by putting out the best work possible to build a reputation.

Further, I would argue that the main sticking point is not that it is too expensive, but that you feel that you lack the volume to spread the cost out.  If you are using XPEL film and certified, our rep would be happy to help you boost that monthly volume.

When you grow, we grow, so it works out well. [emoji6]

Edited by XPEL Jeff

13 hours ago, XPEL Jeff said:

I'd say yes, as the best way to get more business is by putting out the best work possible to build a reputation.

Further, I would argue that the main sticking point is not that it is too expensive, but that you feel that you lack the volume to spread the cost out.  If you are using XPEL film and certified, our rep would be happy to help you boost that monthly volume.

When you grow, we grow, so it works out well. emoji6.png

Thanks for the quick responses Jeff. We will be making a decision soon. 

14 hours ago, XPEL Jeff said:

When you grow, we grow, so it works out well. emoji6.png

Does the DAP software have mounting tips? Like numbered 1-6 or so? What is the average amount of coverage patterns it has per vehicle?  The whole vehicle? Or just basic stuff generally?