F1 Stratos vs Pinnacle in the real world?

1 hour ago, mkygod said:

I'd pay an extra $50 for it to be done, but i'd rather not if it means panels have to be removed. I'm just getting 50% all around so chances are that a non-tinted A pillar won't be very noticeable.

Many experienced and very good tinters remove the panels on your door. The best jobs out there are most likely removed panels or removed sweeps.

If you're only getting 50% I wouldn't worry with it. You'll be the only one that ever knows the difference. 

Oh and you get an understanding try touching the inside of that window, then imagine trying to get the needed tools to that window :lol

Edited by jh812

On 5/17/2017 at 2:01 PM, DynamicAppearance said:

Got some Formula One Stratos that I will be doing some real world test this week or early next.  Can't do a comparison to Pinnacle, but will to CTX which is almost the same film along with comparing it to Crystalline.

What was your determination?

8 hours ago, FormVsFunction said:

What was your determination?

Never did anything official enough to record it, but played with it when I first received it.  Using a heat lamp, I used a BTU meter along with the hand method.  Crystalline dropped 1-2 more than Stratos which is extremely close.  Doing the hand method, we used both employees and customers which all felt Crystalline blocked a touch more.  We then went outside and help the samples back-to-back to our face which the same people.  We did this several times each person and Crystalline was also picked everytime.  So nothing official, just opinions and can be argued.

IMO I would still choose Crystalline for the higher-end technology.  Stratos is essentially Pinnacle with a layer of AIR in the film...basically double layered the Ceramic Technology.  So nothing "advanced" there.  With that being said, I was extremely impressed with Stratos performance.  The big bonus of picking Stratos over Crystalline would be the color...you still get a nice charcoal color with Stratos versus the odd color of Crystalline.  So honestly, you will be happy with either film and the deciding factor should be the quality of the shop along with the price of the job.  Lastly, is it a good jump in performance from Pinnacle, absolutely.

Edited by DynamicAppearance