Dealership Terms

hey whats up guys was wondering if someone can guide me in the right direction. I been doing little work for a small dealership and they are now asking for terms and conditions and was wondering how i go about doing this? they want to do net 30

Basically you get a PO (purchase Order #) on every car you do. It is saying the dealership agrees to pay you for the job. It is also a way accounting tracks the job. Do cars for the month. Then send a statement on the first of the month for all cars done. I also get a managers to sign each invoice and put the last 6 of the vin on all the invoices also. You can never have to much info for each job for tracking purposes

thank u @Jake im gettin out of the army in 2 months and Im opening my shop. ive been tinting fro the last 2 years while in the army. I already have a large customer base but I want to tint for the dealerships as well to make sure i stay busy. Do I just go to the dealership and speak to a manager about the services I can offer them??????? whats ur advice on selling my services to them?

Every dealer is different in how they run it, and what department sells and manages it. It will take multiple times going back in to find the right person to talk with . Persistence is key. A large percentage of my revenue has come from dealer work over my years. It has provided my family and a I a good living. Notice I said living and not lifestyle. I have worked my guts out and been a slave to the accounts. I am now starting to slowly back out of the dealerships and plan to go as much retail as possible. I would give in way to much for them, and they will keep pushing for more. I am not saying they can't be good. Just stand your ground and don't give an inch or they will try to take you for a 100 miles.Learn to say no when you need to . That is/was my problem. Sorry to rant. Just some advice from some years in the biz.

We created a software that helps keep all the dealership specific Data.  Has a phone app to scan the VIn, generate the invoice, payroll auto figure features, Picture of the completed job, Keeps track of PO/RO/Stock#.  It even has a sign on for the dealership to view invoices  themselves.  Plus a ton of other stuff.  Cost about 25 cents a car on average.   

DealershipInvoicing.com

Glad to discuss if it could help.  

602-820-9009

App Store Pic.png

4_Add_work.png

Edited by Tracy McKelvey