The Tint Shop destroyed by tornado

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154468848951669&id=109525756668

Thursday night a tornado struck Muskogee Oklahoma and my shop took a direct hit and is a total loss. My steel building was crumpled like a tin can...a total loss. Husband and I were home about to go to sleep thinking we had dodged the bullet when the news channel flashed a picture of my corner of the world and I could clearly see my building was gone. We dressed and drove to town, my phone blowing up as we went. I finally took one phone call and a friend was standing in my parking lot telling me what he saw. My shop was completely destroyed he said. I cried all the way to town and to my shop. So many of my friends were there wanting to help, console me, offers of help tomorrow. We could do nothing as gas was rushing from my torn gas meter and electric lines down everywhere. Couldnt even reach my film as it lay visible under a wall. My  customers truck severely damaged and the only thing not moved strangely enough. After many hugs, tears and offers to carry out what we could we were made to evacuate the area. 

I cant sleep. I know I will have to be back there early this am which is fast approaching. Glad I have insurance. The pits that I just got a shipment of film in yesterday. Thankful I have God on my side and a wonderfully supportive husband, friends and church family. 

My trust is in the Lord. My eyes are on Him. To God be ALL the Glory!

20170519_000553.jpg

I am so sorry. The most important thing is that everyone is safe and sound. You will begin the rebuilding process and this dark hour shall pass. Think of it as one door closing and another new  door opening.

We here on TD, are are thinking of you and your family and you'll be in our prayers. If there is anything we can do to help just ask away. I am a CPA, and if you have any tax questions, please pm me. I'd be happy to lend a helping hand.

Keep the faith.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Ugh....so sorry to hear this news. Thankfully, you and yours are safe.  Kind of puts everything into perspective...we all have "stuff" that we can get attached to, having the ones we love is really what it's all about.  Hope things turn out well with the insurance.

Glad you and your husband are physically okay @TNTLady  It will take some time, but you will recover in one way or another.  

Best of luck to you in your difficult journey ahead.   Sounds like you have plenty of friend backing you up,, as well as us here on TintDude. :grouphug