Warning! 2018 Audi A5 sportback

smookee408@yahoo.com

The new 2018 Audi A5 sport back is like a mini version of the A7. Removal of door panels are required for felt. The warning is on the rear doors. The door harness has one short blue wire that if you drop the door panel will dislodge it from its connector in the door module. To repair you'll  have to completely remove the door panel and the connector to get the pin out and re crimp or soilder it. If I remember correctly it's a five pin connector and the blue wire is the only one in that plug at pin #1. This wire is for Audi side assist. If it's dislodged and you turn on the ignition it will throw a check engine light that'll have to be cleared after repair. 

Here's another tip since I got to work on another one. Roll the windows up and lock the latch  to pop the windows up. Then remove the door panels completely. As long as the ignition is not turn on when the panels and harness is disconnected no check engine light will come on. Another suggestion is once panels are off take the key and put it somewhere far from the car. I have pics but can't upload for some reason this time. I keep getting error -200 message. 

Archived